Forgot to bring my gym bag for lunchtime step yesterday, despite packing it in the morning.
So, let's continue with the vintage TV programes, since there were so many comments yesterday. Rather than replying one by one.
For me, some of the most memorable moments in childhood TV (Lionheart, you mentioned you loved bugs bunny cartoons? tweety bird ah?) are :
1. Mary Ingalls going blind....(Little House on Prairie. And yes, isn't Nellie Olsen just the most wonderful villain, but her mother!!!! Wasn't there an episode when she was wheelchair bound and got pushed into a lake?) I recall everyone talking about it, and the amount of tears gathered could have flooded Johor.
2. Jamie Sommers accident....that appearance in $6m Man, subsequently made her into the bionic woman. I used to LOVE watching episodes when both she and Steve Austin appeared together.
3. Ultraman "Dies"....like the man of steel, our friend also needs the sun one. Cant exactly remember the details, but I remember being very sad.
4. Combat - One episode when this French woman is desperately looking for her baby. English and German troops lay down their arms for a temporary truce to help her find MON BABY...
turns out she was delusional, and the baby had died years ago. I also remember watching the twilight zone show where Vic Morrow was killed.... (they didnt show THAT lah).
5. Dallas - Of course, who shot JR!! Also when Jock Ewing dies (coz he karked in real life). And then they replaced Barbara Bel Geddes with that awful Donna Reed for a year. Lost interest in the series after Bobby's death was a dream sequence. That season when Bobby was dead was very interesting....with Barbara Carreras as the villain.
6. Dynasty - Crystal hosts a reception, and Alexis picks up a watercress sandwich....and says, "Crystal, watercress are for giraffes". And who can forget the massacre in Moldavia. That gorgeous Catherine Oxenberg and her pretentious accent. Couldnt stand the new Fallon Carrington. Pamela Sue Martin, of Nancy Drew fame, was the original.
7. Mini Series, the THORN BIRDS... (1983), I remember being glued to the TV despite it being my HSC exams. (in Australia). That old hag, Barbara Stanwyck tries to molest Richard Chamberlain...."Ralph Debricassart, you are the most beautiful man I've ever seen". He oso another one, stripping in front of an old woman. What do you expect.
8. Centennial, mini series. Clay Basket, Pasquinel, Levi Zendt....(Trapper John MD). Clay Basket gets bitten by a cobra and dies.
9. MASH, last episode, where Hotlips and whatsisname, have their mouths locked in a passionate kiss for a whole minute, just before parting ways.
10. The Colbys, when Sabel finds out her husband, Charlton Heston, (Jason Colby?) was sleeping with her sister, Francesca. She then goes on to have an affair with Ricardo Montalban. (Fantasy Island). That daughter, Monica, was absolutely gorgeous, or at least used to be.
My favourite all time TV villains: JR Ewing, Alexis Colby, Sabel Colby, Adam Carrington
My favourite TV alcoholic : Sue Ellen Ewing
The goodie two shoes I detest: Pamela Ewing, Bobby Ewing, Krystal Carrington
Childhood crushes : Jaclyn Smith...(Charlie's Angels), Monica Colby (whattt was her real name!).
Childhood heroes: Steve Austin, MacGyver
Other programs not mentioned in comments: WKRP In Cincinnati, Family (another tear jerker la, this one....the only person who became famous I think was Nancy, who became the mother in Family Ties), the english series, Lily (Langtry...starring Francesca Annis), Anna Karenina, the Duchess of Duke Street, I Dream of Jeannie, Scarecrow and Mrs King.....
Sigh sigh sigh, nostalgia nostalgia.