Monday, January 22, 2007

In The Lion's Den

First, like Choobacca showing off his toes, I must show off my fingers. I don't know where it's been, but I managed to get it infected.



Now on my 2nd course of antibiotics, were it not for heavy sedation by painkillers, I'd be screaming like a birthing woman. (I know, I know, the wife has pointed out that my pain can't even compare at all). Now, all I have to do is wait a bit and go to the doctor to once again have the pus oozed out. (already one round on Saturday). And I have an eye infection as well, (unrelated).....so now I am pumped with oral antibiotics, antibiotic cream for finger, and for eye.

Last Saturday, since it was Awal Muharram, and therefore a public holiday, and therefore, no combat with FDI, was a leisurely one. Finger infection aside, it was a very party saturday. Tea, with long island teas, at a friend's house, and the best part, DINNER at the Lion's Den.

Lionheart hosted a fabulous dinner, ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, consisting yummy crab sang choi pau, his signature HAKKA MEE, which was absolutely GORGEOUSSSSS, (yum, thinking about it makes me wish I could have a plate now), Hakka Yong Tau Foo, another signature dish, Hong Chau Kai, (Red Wine Chicken, which goes really well with rice), and absolutely sinful sinful fattty, need three hours of RPM to burn off kinda, homemade charsiew. What is this doing on a gym blog? Well, to show the rest of the world that us gym folks do have lives out of gym. Ahem. Also, mainly because it was all gym folk except some spouses here and there.







It's a bird, it's a plane, oh, it's batman

FCI was in top form. Must have been eating dog food for breakfast, judging by the number of bitchy remarks.

Lioness With The Two Lambs


The arrival of Leon Lai, like all celebrities, cause a stir, and was received with much enthusiasm by all.


We Three Kings of Orient Are....hmm... or is it...err...



Master Chef and Master Host

And for dessert, smooth velvety custard with honey instead of caramel. Yummy.


Yhsmom and Mr yhsmom

What an wonderful dinner. Thanks muchly dear Lionheart. Next time bring out the choc fountain!!!

11 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Big Thank You to all of you guys, for coming over for dinner. Aiyo, FBB, my cooking nowhere near yours lah. Yours soooo professional wan. Haha. Glad you had a good time. And definitely will bring out the chocolate fountain next time. Was reading the setting up instructions. Gosh..have to melt 1kg to 1.2kg of chocolate in god-knows-how-much oil....wow...now all of us would need two whole weeks of RPM, Bodystep and BodyAttack to get over dat...whew

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, to show the rest of the world, this post belongs in the blog which the rest of the world reads...

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Choobacca said...

FBB: I dont mean to finger point but I hope you stayed away from the crab and other seafood for your pointer's sake. Otherwise you will have more pus oozing out of it.

Get well soon.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

lionheart, puhlleeez lah, i am but an amateur compared to you. hey, did the ice cream set in the end?
i think for choc fountain, if u use good quality couverture choc, no need to use oil. (according to debbie lee).

HL - ya hor, u got a point.

choowie.....oops, the crab was so good...how to resist!!!

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB..oh ya it did...12 hours later. You're right, the brandy in the ice cream definitely contributed to the slow setting. Wifey now jumping up and down, bcoz nobody eating the ice cream. I had a taste of it, and it is good. But have to hold back from fattening food lah. You want some?

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big thank you to Lion & Lionness for a fantastic evening!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! the food was fantastic!! :)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Kryptonite said...

Hi FBB,

Saw Choowie's toe on Sunday evening - looking much better. Hope your finger gets better soon. And the eye infection too - get well!

Working my ass off in Singapore and SO LOOKING FORWARD to come back home now. Thank goodness I'm just next door to FF Paragon.

Cheers!
F

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Leonard said...

Ok... its 1:30am in the morning... I'm still doing work (or am supposed to be but since I'm reading this blog then obviously not) ... and chancing upond the food... my stomach growled! grrr... HUNGRY!!!

FBB. gosh... the infection looks really bad! Hope you get well soon! And Choo is right.. stay away from those seafood for now! :P

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

dear faz, thanks for well wishes. so you must be buddy buddy with leonard here, since u are in singapore?

dear leonard, harumph, still remember you didnt eat very much when i hosted dinner in honor of you guys...pouting.

the pus has been released. finger healing. hope to go for body step this afternoon.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Kryptonite said...

Hi FBB,

Good to hear that your finger's healing. Hope the eye infection will heal completely very soon. I'm sure I have seen and joined Leonard's classes before, cuma I havent gone and introduced myself to him - I'm a shy girl lah *LOL*

I'm happy to be home! Arrived in KLIA yesterday evening. Now here's the tough part: to make a choice of BC in Axis or BJ in The Curve this evening...decisions, decisions...!

Cheers,
Faz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home