Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pump Rump Per Pump Pump

I know Christmas is over, and the little drummer boy would have gone home by now. Hmm, Little Drummer Boy, .....quite an apt name for YI. Afterall, rumps and pumps feature heavily in his life. I mean, body pump is supposed to shapen the rump right. Monday pump classes require the MOST discipline, I reckon, to attend, coz well, it's Monday, and... you know, it's Monday.

Actually, come to think of it, after all these months attending Combat on Saturday in the Curve, I still am quite a stranger there, as in, I hardly know anyone, except for Sunshine and Sidekick. And the instructor. Whereas, in MJH, it's quite a different feeling for me, coz usually I'd know at least a few more people. Like in Monday's pump.... the regular faces. Was chatting with a fellow member, who was wondering why I referred to YI as young boy. He was shocked when he found out YI's age. Considering his youth, he carries himself in an exceedingly mature manner, I have to say. When I was that age, I don't recall ever talking to anyone who's my age now, except when I am addressing them as "uncle".

Ya, the fler was a bit late, but still managed to cramp in 10 tracks, though he did encroach into LINE DANCING FUNK class's time. Line Dancing Funk!!!! Now, that's another class that falls into the same category as Body Jam for me. It'll be a Snowy day in the Kalahari before you see me doing that!!!! Admittedly, it looks quite fun, and the moves are very err...definite.

YI reverted back to the old tracks. What I can't fathom is, why doesn't pump get easier? It should right, theoretically. I've been at it for over a year now, of course my weights have increased since I started, but has remained at the same weights for the past year or so. In fact, I've dropped the clean and press weight from 10kg to 8.5kg, coz of the elbow, and YET, body pump seems tough every single time. It's like a state of perpetual virginity. Fellow member also concurred.

I think Fitness First should have an event when members get to teach one track.... I would love to see Lionheart up there teaching a pump track. Or step, for that matter. (you can thank me privately for the brilliant suggestion, Lion).

11 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lionheart is a walking, talking dictionary of Les Mills programmes.His knowledge on body pump songs, itself amazes me. It is a natural progression for him to go on stage as an instructor and share his vast experience with us.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yes, lets start a campaign for this! Let's call it METEOR. Member Teach One Release. Go go Lion. The Lion roar, elephants will dance, nothing will ever be so grand!!!! (to the tune of "the circus is coming to town")

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha...Hah??? It will definitely be a circus, if I go on stage...a total joke lah. Me old liau leh. "Mo heh kong wah" at the same time do movements lah.....hahahahaha. And also not strong enuff lah...heard from Wenisa, Kylie Gates did biceps challenge with 12.5kg on each side...huh??? Did I hear that correctly?? Wow..

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good idea but due to safety reasons FF will never allow it unless the members have been through formal LM training and been cleared to teach first.

I personally think that Lion would be a great instructor. He has the charisma and personality plus he is so articulate! We would have no problems following his cues!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

wah, see lah lion...
yar, prob they wont allow it on a regular basis, but i am sure they can make an event...kinda like a fund raising...where members teach ONE track lar, not one release. even a conditioning or cooldown. i'd pay a bit to see lion do it. how dangerous can that be right!

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB...now its my turn to say "When Pigs can Fly" becoz it will never be allowed to happen....hahahahaha

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

since FB suggested, maybe FB can oso teach a combat track, hor?

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh yes...I would luv to c FB doing the new side kick, in the latest release...heeeeyaaah

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger shades said...

members teaching one track? Be warned.... the path to the dark side it is.....

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

er guys... what new side kick in the release. tell you hor, they combining the evasive side kick WITH the jump kick in 31... it's so NOT funny. as if not pain enough :(

ben tang

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

ben, there, that flying side kick like in the kung fu movies la, in the current release. 31 is what? the next release?
i have to say i love the current release. will blog about it tomoro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home