Thursday, January 04, 2007

One Night In Bangkok Again

Dragged my lazy butt for body pump, and Herny, aka Horny, was surprised that it was my first time doing the new release. Yikes!!!!

I swear, the clocks in Manulife are fast. And not only that, you're in different time zones in different parts of the gym, as the clocks aren't synchronized. My phone clock, which has Astro time, showed the time to be 4.40pm, but when I entered the class, they had already started coz the studio clock showed 4.48pm. I get very flustered when I have to traipse through all these huffing and puffing body pumpers, trying to look as incongruous as possible.

Anyway, with no time to stretch, I braced for the worst. I swear, pump doesnt seem to get any easier over time, even using the same weights. Let's see if I can recall the tracks. Squats, lots of bottom halves, tiring. Chest, hmm, got break in between. Very rare these days. Clean and press....arrrrgh, very tough.... at least 18 C&Ps I think. Triceps euggggh, dips. For me, dips is the hardest of all the tricep thingies, coz I guess these matchstick arms have to bear the weight of the entire whale like body. Much like a T Rex doing dips. Biceps, was surprisingly okay. LUNGES!!!!!!! Omigoodness, they should just wear masks and wield sharp knives and guns. What a killer!!! I wonder if it was by design, that we had to increase the step board to maximum height for triceps, and move it back to original for lunges. Previously, whenever we had dips, the step boards will be piled back on its maximum height, after the class, with no one bothering to adjust the boards back to normal stackable levels. Lunges....with leg on the board. I almost felt my calves seizing up with cramps. Shoulders, well, coz of elbow, I still use donuts, so obviously that was okay.

Love the cool down song. Dunno what its called though.

8 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger shades said...

it's called So Far Away...


Happy New Year!

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why one night in bangkok again ah?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

shades, happy new year. what's title of combat cooldown? oso very nice.

sunshine, aitelyu, as i was doing body step just now, the thought did occur to me, ohgosh, my blog title today, completely didnt refer to topic. if i was doing SPM essay, sure F9 oridi.

what i meant to say was, one night in bangkok was featured again in this release of body pump, wherein before it was in track 5 of step.

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone,
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007..

i'm fine in Dubai..member here is nice to me, dont worried i still teaching my program, now add two more program BODYBALANCE AND BODYCOMBAT.

Only think i miss all the member in kl and food.. :(

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Peter are you really teaching Body Combat? So hard to imagine le!

WY

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

Peter, happy new year.

yhsmom, why so hard to imagine him teaching combat ah? i cant think of any other male instructor who seems to be more multi faceted and flexible. i would love to attend his combat class one day.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just that Dear Peter is such a gentle soul that he wouldn't hurt a fly normally so I just can't envisage him getting all tough and aggressive. He also used to laugh at me all the time for liking Combat and said before that it's really not his kind of thing. Well obviously this proves that maybe pigs can fly! BIG Hint! Hint! to FB

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya..Peter, U teaching combat ah? Well, come to think of it, if anybody can do combat, should be Peter lah. With his mile-long legs letting fly those kicks, all of us will have to allow a distance of a good 10 metres for him to do his thang.

FBB..(in response to yhsmom's comments)...aiyo...at the rate you are going, we can all start a charity road show to get you to shake your booty in BJ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home