Monday, December 18, 2006

Ah, To Be Able To Blog About Gym Again

After an incredibly long break, considering I wasn't abroad, (more than 10 days) of no Les Mills group x classes, I decided at 6.20pm on friday, I was going to leave my half iced cake, and dash to manulife for richelle's pump class. Now, in retrospect, it was kinda dumb of me to pick her class of all classes, to suddenly start pump again. I should have eased myself in with someone less killer.

It was like a family reunion. Lionheart, yhsmom were all there, and lionheart very kindly help me set up while I dashed to changing room to change. Funny how we all seem to know each other's weights. If I was helping him set up, I'd know that you need 4x10kg, 2x5kg and 2x2.5kg. No donuts for the man. Whereas I still need donuts for upright rows, as the elbow is acting up again.
All I remember of the class, its as if the brain had selective amnesia for pain (they say a woman eventually forgets the pain of childbirth....can anyone verify this?), was that the lunge track, had squats, and Lionheart, who was carrying only HALF of his normal squat track weight, was moaning like ..... a lion with a thorn in its paw.

Needless to say, I was aching all over the next day. This inordinate muscle ache coupled with a hangover from Friday night revelry was not a good combo to go for FDI's combat class on saturday.

FDI's class wasn't as crowded as usual. Was half expecting FCI to show up, as he said he might. Even after the warm up I was already feeling exhausted, AND I made the mistake of standing in the front row. I was telling sunshine that I was getting a stiff neck, looking up to FDI. Oridi he's quite tall, standing on stage sum more, was like watching a movie in the front row. Mistake mistake.

I have to say when you're a star diva, you're a star diva. For track 6, I'll do anything for love, FDI completely got the choreo for the back kick, front kick and knife mixed up. We were doing front kick, back kick, knife, which felt realllly strange.... then midway, he selamba only, without even uttering a word or batting an eyelid, but with a slight knowing smile, changed it back to the correct move. I guess that's what the divas and stars do when they forget their lines.

The class seemed rather quiet overall. Around track 7 or 8, FSI made an appearance with video camera in hand. According to FDI the class energy suddenly seemed to increase. Anyway, sunshine was also feeling exhausted, according to her, and so was FDI, so maybe there's a vortex in the Curve sucking away our energy on saturday.

Almost made it to YI's class in Curve on Sunday afternoon, coz kids had a birthday party in Royal Bintang, but the traffic was HORRRRRRENDOUS, and by the time I parked, it was too late.

9 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, fitness level low...irregular gymmimg lately....

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ehmm .. i missed the class . .and i've missed so much fun of it.. :-(

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a high threshold for pain. Probably not the best person in the world to comment on labour pain.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

sidekick, do you know, its my first time there on a saturday that you have been absent? your absence was notable.

yes, yhsmom, the painkiller and epidural-free birther of children, indeed, one must bow to your high threshold.

sunshine, let not the dark clouds of gym lethargy hit you. i've no hope, save yourself....

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No FB, there is hope for you, and me too, hopefully with the new launch underway, the new tracks will spur us all to be more disciplined in attending classes...

Altho, i suspect this malaise will continue until after CNY at least....sigh

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger SC said...

YAWN...its not just at the Curve on saturday..was feeling the malaise in LM yesterday.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger YOU! said...

it's called brain fart!... choreo mixed up! after 3 reps I realised the error of my ways and pre-cued the change :p my apologies! hehehe

Traffic was horrendous!!! circled roudn the carpark for about 20 min before I got a space and that was becoz a friend is kind enough to let me have his parking lot!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

haha, a brain fart? you are making yourself open target to a lot of rude comments, such as, if your brain can fart, then it must be fulla s***, or cant u tell ur ass from your brain kinda thing....

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Fat Boy...frankly speaking, I was actually quite surprised to see u make your pump debut, after such a long hiatus, in Richelle's (of all the persons) class....painful painful..hahahaha

In respect of FDI's farting brains, no lah....I will not bombard him with comments, alto some funny ones did crop up in my mind....hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home