Monday, December 04, 2006

Back From Holiday

Before I proceed, I should clarify why the song to the video tribute to leon was David Lee Roth's "JUST A GIGOLO", as yhsmom has asked me the relevance of the song. Actually, the mind is a strange thing....it's just that we've been calling Leon a Gym Whore, (or I have), afterall, if numerous gyms are paying you for your services, that's what it makes you la right.... but its said in a most complimentary manner, not derogatory, before the Defenders of Leon spring an attack on me. So, whore, gigolo, all same thing. Hence the song. In addition, its kinda catchy. And the words about dancing etc also quite fit. The only thing that DOESNT fit is in the song, the singer is bemoaning his loneliness, and since Leon's birthday celebrations, I've been told, stretch until the 17th of December, I hardly think loneliness is even remotely an issue.

Had a great time in Langkawi with the kids, sported a very slight tan, as wife kept reminding me of my age and how I have to slap on SPF 2000, etc etc....

So that was a break of nearly 10 days from the gym, as my last class was RPM with Cameron (another Mr Cool) on 23rd November. Missed Leon's saturday combat, coz I had the final class of my Level One Cake Decorating Course. Went for nikeboy's class instead, at MJH. The 10 day hiatus took its toll, and I found myself uncordinated and exhausted.

On Sunday, finally made it, after missing it for 3 months I reckon, to 2ndFSI's class. Actually, the guy is a great instructor, in my opinion. Clear cueing, humourous, great track selection. I was kinda glad he did his trademark One Night In Bangkok. I haven't been for a step class for so long, that I even forgot to raise the step board to the middle level, as such, nearly tripped during the warm up coz the board was too low. I can't remember the last time I was at step, probably it was young Klev replacing FSI. Also, it was to my relief, as if he read my mind, that he mentioned who was singing GLORIA. I mean, I've virtually grown up with that song, but at that moment, I was racking my brains to try and think whooooo the hell sang gloria....Melissa Manchester? Tina Turner? Bonnie Tyler? NO NO NO....PHEW!!!! As if reading my mind, 2FSI said, "we have two laura brannigan songs today".


And yes, this is a rather lacklustre post, mainly coz havent been gyming.

9 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you, yourself, FBB, has become the well known/sought *whore* or *gigolo* among your Favourite Instructors :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

hmm, i have a vague inkling who THIS anonymous might be, however, may i remind you that to qualify for whoreship, or gigoloship, there has to be an exchange of money ma.....
and i certainly am not being paid in any form for any services rendered....
so donch qualify lor.

much as i would LOVED to have been a gigolo.....

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi hi, u back. Cake decorating? Good Good, have your work posted. I have to give up cakes for obvious reasons. K

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

K? who's K? you think this is james bond movie ah? M la, K la, Q la.... argh, cracking my head to think why K would have to stay away from cakes.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K am Not 00 7.
Ur cakes are good..
Just damn age catching up, metabolic rate down, thus, gaining weight is easy as saying loud ABC. Exercise is not as easy as it was used to be!!!! Pant, gasp gasp!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

please la, u so slim.

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to enjoy watching David Lee Roth perform when he was front man for Van Halen! Actually if I am not mistaken the original singer of Just a Gigolo is Bing Crosby.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yhsmom...wah..am impressed. Not many people knows the original singer to dat song. I think I actually have the record for that David Lee Froth (oops Roth)track. It is actually an EP featuring 4 songs, which also includes California Girls. Ah memories memories...

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it was his first solo album. Loved his leopard outfits, the hair and the attitude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home