Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Young Instructor's Classes Getting Harder

Have I mentioned this before? When boy Robin is my age now, I'll be SIXTY. When Young Instructor is my age now, I'll be SIXTY TWO!!!!! What a thought. Shudderrrrrrrr.

Anyway, the reason I'm preoccupied with age now is coz I am approaching that magic number, like a canoe reaching the edge of a waterfall. And as you approach the waterfall, it goes faster and faster. Speaking of waterfalls, Lionheart was creating his own little mini waterfall yesterday on his mat. After getting up from lying on the board for the chest track, there was a mini lake, plus three streams flowing down the side of the board. In case you cannot imagine, I've taken the liberty of doing an engineering drawing of the situation. Hope I don't get slapped with a legal suit.


Yah, so can you imagine what kind of track it was to induce that kind of perspiration!!! The PT who joins body pump, and carries the Lionheart kinda weight, had his stuff all set up. 40 kgs worth of 10kg plates, plus some smaller ones, and had even set up his bar for squats, ie, 20-20, when suddenly he disappeared, and didn't reappear again until the end, in time to pack up his stuff. Interesting workout. Apparently the chest track had been tweaked, bottom halves instead of top halves, the break completely obliterated.... hmmm, hope YI doesnt get into trouble. Apparently only la, its not like I know the original choreo, so you give me anything also I won't know if it was the prescribed syllabus or not. Unless there are like 32 bottom halves....then I'd probably go, "Hmmmm, is that for real?"

I was rather proud of myself, that I managed to finish the 24 singles biceps track. But I could NOT, absolutely could nottttt finish the 16 bottom halves on the left leg, for lunges. Dunno why. Normally can one. I don't know how women go through childbirth without epidurals and pain killers. Do lunges oridi the pain is so excruciating. Mind you, some people do grunt like they ARE giving birth. But not in this class la. Oh, I also noticed something. YI's class is relatively quiet. Herny's Wednesday class, lots of cat calls and screamers. Kinda adds to the ambience I guess.

10 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah...thank goodness I put in the extra oomph to create the lake and waterfalls bcoz I had to forgo Cameron's 6.45pm RPM class. Why? Bcoz wifey wants to go back home immediately to see our daughter after her PT session. I think the real reason is that she wants to ponteng instead. Feels unsatisfied...hehe. Oh yessssh...the tweaked chest track was such a killer. Upper halves become bottom halves and no break. In fact the upper halves are mini breaks, hence you can imagine that being replaced by bottom halves instead. At the end of the track, thot my arms/chest "chau kan" already.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh btw, I know why the lunges track is excruciatingly painful. YI tweaked that too. Went into singles 8 beats earlier, then continued with 16 bottom halves. So altogether 24 lunges in single beats in a row...dats why...

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. Your drawing is damn funny lah... :)

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're crazy lionheart...but since when you create waterfalls too? hahaha...must be damn tough...Kadn

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave birth to my 2 kids without epidural!

Last Friday Lion created a puddle on the mat during Robin's class but that really cannot beat the waterfall described here!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Kadanjoe....I hope my puddle of mud (er...sweat) is not as "dashat" as the river and lake created by one pretty elephant in Mr. Robot's morning class...hehehe

FBB...u damn dashat lah...you must be blessed with "sun ngan" for you to even notive the "stream" ....my goodness...Btw, you are sorely missed for your FCI's combat class yesterday (Tues 6.45pm). I went for that and nearly completed the process..quite fun...did a lot of hollering..hah

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

wah, yhsmom, terror la you.

lionheart, i couldnt go for FCI's class coz i had my bro in law's birthday dinner ler...u know what its like la, all the family commitments. and no need sun ngan to see the waterfall la, dear chap. any larger, i'd have built a paper boat and placed it there...

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yhsmom...when I told my wife about your "lack of epidural" delivery, she really "tapek" you lah. Pui Fook Pui Fook...

FBB...yah I understand wat you mean by family obligations...all the members crowding around the table eating homecook chinese meal, and gossiping about "sam koo look poh" stories....hrmmpph

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

lionheart, talking about gossiping, do you realise that only blog posts involving leon lai seem to spawn like plenty plenty comments. he truly is the star hor.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

bwhahahahaha!... laughed my head off! hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home