Monday, November 06, 2006

A Very Gym Weekend

..so much to write, I don't know where to start.

Last Thursday was Body Step with FSI during lunch time as usual. After a 2 week hiatus, body step can be quite exhausting. Anyway, so much has happened since then, I can't even remember what happened in the class, except for some references to roast duck by FSI interspersed somewhere in between the commentaries.

On Friday, I heard the boy Robin was replacing Richelle for pump. Alas, much as I would have loved to have gone, there were too many last minute cake orders, so I was stuck in the kitchen. I heard from Lionheart that it was a tough class.

Saturday. At 3.30pm, it was pouring cats and dogs, and such nice weather to sleep, prompting me to sms FDI to say, "aiyo, such nice weather to tidur". At 4pm, I get a call from FDI saying "oi, you can continue sleeping, all classes have been cancelled at the Curve". Apparently some poor chap had keeled over and died of a heart attack whilst on the treadmill. Quite scary, considering the guy was only 32, and not big sized. So, all classes were cancelled.

Out of deference to the deceased, I shall not repeat some of the sms-es I received in relation to this mishap.

Anyway, FDI sent an sms saying, "go for kelvin tan's class la". Well, ya, he didn't have to tell me that, I had intended to anyway. Afterall, that was my original slot, before I started going to the Curve. And that Nikeboy has been teaching that Saturday 6pm slot since time immemorial. To my surprise, FDI was also there, and was called up to team teach with Nikeboy. The class was packed, apparently cos of the mass exodus from the Curve. Recognised one or two faces from the Curve crowd. Nikeboy look chuffed that the class was so packed. FDI took over tracks 2-4, and somewhere in between, shouted, "I feel so aliveeeeeee", which made me raise an eyebrow, thinking, "hmm, what an ironic remark, in light of the recent mishap in the curve". It was a great class though. Two divas, like watching Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston together....I realised I kinda missed that Saturday evening slot at MJH.

Then it was time for dinner with all our favourite instructors, who were very kindly giving us a treat. (us meaning Lionheart & Mrs Lionheart, yhsmom, me, and Donna) Dinner was at Hong Kong Food Culture, Low Yat plaza. Very interesting food, I've never had it before. Poon choi. A large pot comprising a variety of stuff, from scallops to mushrooms to lap cheongs.


Talking about large pots, guess who the large fella in the picture is? It certainly gives hope to the fatmen. (hint, from tall dark and err..handsome, he's now PCK)

Someone in this pic is the fatman in the preceding pic

The pot full of goodies. It was rather good la, I have to say.




Tit comparing session



What a great night it was. We were saying that it really is coz of such wonderful instructors and such camaraderie that makes the thought of defecting to other gyms, unthinkable.

On Sunday night, yet another gym related function, with FCI hosting us at his new pad in Desa Parkcity, for his housewarming. Poor ahgirl must have the only non-FF person there, (wife aside). Had agreed to help FCI cook some stuff, since he IS afterall my FAVOURITE FAVOURITE instructor of all time. My contribution was the Roast Duck pasta, which was requested by FSI, mee siam, salad, and two desserts, a Lemon Meringue Pie, and a Chocolate Cake with bananas. It was an experimental cake, as I used a Yoghurt Chocolate Cake as the base. It also doubled up as a birthday cake for one of FCI's guest. The duck pasta was quite popular, but the fried meehoon wasnt finished, which apparently prompted FSI to remark to FCI, and I quote:

"fsi said,see Your dad make d pasta for me n d meehon for u. ppl like me so they finish d pasta. look at d meehon."

Guffaw, what a deliciously bitchy remark.

Horny, Lynn and FCI

FCI's larder. This is what fitness instructors eat. Fascinating.





Diva Country





Choobacca and FCI


Wonder what was it that Lionheart found so hilarious!!!

Anyway, it was a great night. As usual, the young people of today do not have the tenacity and stamina of the old folk; most of the below 30s had left by 10.30, leaving only the more vintaged folk. Conversations ranged from gym gossip to 80s music. We concluded we must go for a retro night/mambo jambo at Velvet one of these Wednesdays.



34 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youth truly is wasted on the young!
Loved the choc banana cake and pasta, but the siew oink was the best la..this "malai mui" loves her piggy, ok?
SC

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

oh oh, i have to claim credit for the siew oink...it was me who recommended it to FCI and ordered it for him. and thanks to me, he even got a discount.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking of the siew oink, it is the best. Had heaps of it. In fact had so much that Mrs. FBB and FCIgf were quite amused, watching me do the pickings. FBB, where was the oink from? Bangsar Village Grocer?
After the foodfest, stomach nearly fell out already. Had to force myself to go for this morning's BP with Sue P and BS with Kenny. Somehow, gasping for breath all the way...

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must say "Thank you, Xie Xie" to all the GXCs/GXIs (Macho Nippon Lady, Leon, Batman (oops FSI) and Robin, Effgeeacksy, No.1 in Tianjin, and FCI (in absentia), who had taken the trouble to belanja us to partake in the "Poon Choi Feast". As FBB had said, it is you guys that make all the difference.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kooky Kwerks said...

aiyah....why FCI never invite me for the food fest? i must complain to him. i think he'll die, hehe! maybe this mommy not happening enuff leh...:(

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

The food was excellent! I sapu lots of the siew oink and the pasta! The Special Brew went pretty well with the food! Today a bit zonked out in office!

the past is pretty scary. I don't want to be siew oink anymore!! I can deal with being PCK :p

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

lionheart, yar, the siew oinks from the deli at village grocer. i used to order from mr ho's, but i find this one more convenient la...since its down the road from office.

yar, pl, i half expected to see u there. i guess in his defence, it was all FF people.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger PickYin said...

What a shame I can't make it. :D:D

Deli at Village Grocer at Bangsar Village? ** jots down mental note **

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

hmm, how come no one has reacted in shock at the picture of the ex-fatman?

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err..because we all know who it is? Besides, the 20 kilo's ago story is very common in the gym...didn't you see the pic of my other half, 20 kilo's heftier?

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leon still looks like well,...Leon, despite having the two Siamese Fighting Fish fins attached to both sides of his face. Thot I had seen a really "fei" photo of him before, which was not published here...that resembles a wee bit like Lydia Sum Tin Har, minus the hair.
FBB...must arrange for the retro night. When you mentioned Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up, somehow I had expected Leon to break into song on that, and he DID...haha

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

eh.. how about "Together Forever and never to part.. together forever we two..." and Belinda Carlisle's Heaven is a Place on Earth... Wham, Kajagoogoo, Thompson Twins... aiyo sooooo much more! :p

The siamese fighthing fish fins had been removed.... and I'll make sure they don't come back! :)

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...it has finally dawned on me that I'm now in that age bracket too...I listened to Rick Astley, and Belinda Carlisle and Wham...reality bites! Ouch!

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh..that era produced some of the best songs lah...from British New Wave/Punk to House Garage...great stuff. Also dig the Seventies songs as well (See, am actually more ancient than any of you...haha)...Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, and anything to do with disco. So when are we heading to boogie retro style, eh??

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wei...I like the Bee Gees and Abba too...but have to confess la, did not grow up listening to them. retro nite should be fun, Zouk has mambo jambo's on wed's.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

sc, it depends on what context you "listened" to rick astley mah...i "listened" to tom jones and frances yip coz it was what my parents listened to...hardly means i'm THAT era.

having said that, the 80s must have been the glory years of dance music.

what are fighting fish on the cheeks ah? talking about rick astley, remind me to tell u a story about that the next time we all meet.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tenacity and stamina we DEFINITELY have. Unfortunately we brought them somewhere else. :)

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB, does the rick ashley story have anything to do with Robert Lam ;)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

ah, anonymous, you MUST be an old friend, coz only they know the story and how its related to robert lam. automatically rules out all the gym ppl... i think. (dont recall telling them this tale before)

happening 20s, you mean yall adjourned somewhere else after FCI's thing? SURE OR NOTTTTCHHHH!!!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes FBB, a non-gym friend who is NOT SOOO old..

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

I adore Abba and Bee Gees too... I get a generous dose of Boney M and on the other spectrum John Denver too... :p Every weekend, the vinyl will start churning out those tunes... :D

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well FB, I grew up in the era of Rick Astley and Wham and A-ha and Jason Donovan, so I think I qualify as non- 20 something? Hahaha....

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB, while FCI's party was great, that is certainly not the only happening thing on a Sunday nite. Ought to give us the benefit of the doubt. Love the food muchyyyyy anywayz...

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

SC, u d only person i know so keen NOT to be in their 20s...

anonymous young un, good for u, that yall had more happening places to adjourn to, esp on a sunday night. i know for a fact that some young people had to go home to study for exams..

FDI, JOHN DENVER???? perhaps love?
country road? gassssssp....

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Denver ah??? I think not my cup of teh tarik lah...can dose off punya. Abba okay lah but have always found their music school-kid like...like a pantomime in fact.
FBB...Frances Yip??? or "Fan Shi Yip (Sweet Potatoe Leaf), as I called her. She was big then, hor?? I still remember her rendition of the Stupid Cupid song..still hear it on Light and Easy frequently.
Funny nobody listens to punk?? Remember "This is Not a Love Song" by PIL??? Its so repetitive that it sticks in your brains like a bad hangover...

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FB: My 20s were fun, but am thinking my 30s would be a blast, cos I'm much wiser and some things really do get better with age and experience...hehehe. However, will never feel older than 18...its all a state of mind.
YouKH : Seriously, John Denver???? And there I thought you had some glimmer of hope..its so old foggie...I mean country...

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Denver? OMG he was one of my mom's favourites when I was listening to Saturday Night Fever and Grease!

Now you have started "Annie's Song" playing in my head and I can't switch it off!

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FB: how about pix of the ex-Thin Men but now Fat Men?

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

aiyo! I meant my dad will play John Denver la! Not my cuppa! I was happy grooving to Funky town those days (late 70's). I'm a 80's fella! :D

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Bananarama. I used to idolise the jet black coloured, bobbed haired girl in the group. And i would diligently watch Top of the Pops on tv,when i was studying in UK to look out for their performance.

Together in Electric Dreams always make me nostalgic...It always reminds me of the last get-together with my school-time friends before we all embarked on to the next stage in our lives...to uni etc. We sang with gusto after cutting the birthday cake, not knowing then, it would be the last time we see each other together....how ironic...

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

sigh, all these privileged kids with a ukay education. hor SC!!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OZ is nice too!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, didn't have a choice lar, FB. My folks told me to get into local U or no U at all...also had to secure my own loan/scholarship leh. Will finish paying loan end of this year...wooohoo!!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

SC, i know what u mean. i finished paying back my scholarship in 2001. immediately after that my insurance agent approached me to say, well, since you are no longer paying back the government, you should increase your policy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home