Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Want A Refund On My Public Holiday

I've been SICK SICK SICK since Sunday after Deepavali. I have to sheepishly admit that it might have been self induced, coz I have been really "living it up" prior to that....very lazy, no gym since last Thursday's lunchtime step class. On Deepavali, a 6 hour champagne brunch, which saw 11 bottles of bubbly consumed, by basically 8 or 9 drinkers, was probably the last straw that done me in. High-ish fever struck on Sunday, and lingered irritatingly on till yesterday, though in a low grade way. Still, never one to succumb to minor inconveniences in life, I dragged myself to FCI's combat class yesterday at Manulife.

I got there early, and at first I thought it was gonna be an empty class. A few of his usual cohorts and faithful were there waiting, but obviously I didn't give enough credit to the allure of FCI, coz by the time it was time for the class to start, the studio was full. And the fler was late by 5 minutes. And the mike didn't work. FDI also made an appearance in the class, as a member. So there were at least 2 instructors in the class, coz Sop Fan was also there. I'm sure that must have been great to milk FCI's ego.

Because of my state of unwellness, that 1 hour seemed to drag for eternity. After grabbing a quick drink after track 6, I almost felt like vomitting in the muay thai, not because it was strenuous, but coz I just felt like vomitting. To make things worse, when it came to conditioning, FCI specifically announced to the class that I was sick, blah blah blah, and options for sick ppl was to do pushups on their knees.... idiot!!!

Meanwhile, Lionheart has been keeping me abreast of his gyming and gastronomical activities down under. His description of the Body Attack, under an Amazon called Amelia, made it sound like military training. He actually went for BODY PUMP at 6.30am!!! While on HOLIDAY!!!! Talk about hard core. I doubt I could make it for 6.30pm, let alone a.m., while on holiday. What interested me more though, was his orgiastic culinary experience, argh, just thinking about it makes me greener than choy sum.

AND by the way, Selamat Hari Raya and Happy Deepavali to all you guys out there who celebrate.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Flourless Chocolate Cake FB!...I got sick ( still am )on Sunday too... I know how it feels, wish I didn't waste three days in bed nursing a flu...darn it! Now back at work, miseraby wishing I could get replacement public holidays....shall be missing more FCI classes..sigh
SC...aka Ah-choo daughter of Ah-sneeze

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O dear, FBB, did u do the push ups despite ur condition??
Kit

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

ah, misery loves company. well, sorry to hear you were in same boat, SC, but happy deepavali nonetheless. yar, i still dun feel 100%, and was secretly relieved that admin girl was on leave still, so I couldnt go for lunchtime step today.

kit, i did some pushups but on knees. was feeling quite dead by that time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home