Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tuesday Combat

...for want of a better title. It's hard to think of catchy titles. Wonder how newspaper editors do it. Actually, judging by the some of the headlines, not much thought goes into it.

Leisurely tuesday after work, no dessert orders to rush, so was at the gym in time to be no 25 on the register. But actually yesterday's class was emptier than usual, probably because of the haze (though Sunshine was there), the impending holidays, fasting month, etc etc. Which suited me just fine. It made the class a lot more pleasant, without having to feel like you are constrained to your 1 sq ft of space. Still, that did not prevent several near mishaps. The girl in front of me, I could smell the sole of shoe when she did her back kick....yup, saw this sole coming towards me like an oncoming train. The guy next to me, during muay thai, must have been so excited doing knee and jumps, that his glasses flew off and landed right under my feet. His quick reflexes prevented me from stomping his glasses into a pulp. I was distracted by FCI who was moving around the class so I didn't see the glasses; normally I would be looking front, and would have seen the reflection of the projectile.

In another part of the studio, apparently someone sprained their ankle, foot , whatever, during track 6, the double side kick. The ballet style side kick....ironically apparently the victim was a ballet teacher. The selection of the first 4 tracks were my favourites. Dunno what the warm up is called, but it reminded me of my thursday lunchtime combat under Sop Fan (that's when I first saw GW, who sat in as an invigilator, and really stressed the poor girl out). Track 2 was final countdown. Love that one. Third one, Field of Dreams, reminds me of exFCI, for some strange reason. 4th one, that very artistic kata, (like the arms of a Hindu goddess), and the million sidekicks, reminds me of Evolution. Dunno why. Time to update my Associated By Les Mills Track Songs List....(ie, which song reminds me of which instructor).

Speaking of instructors, FCI "accused" me of having this bored, uninterested, tortured look in his class, as opposed to an animated, happy, interested look in the Saturday Curve class. I cannot roll my eyes enough at this idiotic allegation, and how the heck would he know what I look like in the Saturday class!!! The fact that I am always biting my lower lip to prevent myself laughing out loud (in Leon's class) is HARDLY an indication that I prefer FDI's class over FCI's!!!

10 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FCI should be pleased with this write-up which is wholly devoted to his class,...yes? :p

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

oh, i forgot an entire paragraph. have reupdated. cant let him be TOO pleased, after those horrid allegations.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dunno whether it's because of the haze, Puasa or bad traffic jam but gym attendance this whole month has been really low even at the other gym I go to.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

I'd like to take a picture of you in both classes to compare :p

attendance during fasting month is generally lower than normal. With the haze... it's expected to be even lower!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

you, young man, you'll do no such thing. anyway, its a myth la. sunshine who has been to both yours and fci's class has seen me in both. noooo difference in both, except i'm not biting lip in one.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, noooo difference la. FB always looks like he is enjoying the torture, by both instructors!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

thank you very much sunshine. exactly, i look the same in all combat classes. the only time i may look different is for some upstart replacements, when i feel like telling them to shove it up where the sun dont shine.

but for my FIs classes, they are all equal.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger shades said...

Yeah, all equal... unless you're an ex :/

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

nonsense (stifling a chortle), as long as the F letter in there, be it preceded by an X, O, "F", or P, (x=ex, o=outgoing, "f"=future, p=probationary) i will always put on a happy face.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I saw u many times. But it didnt occur to me that you are bored, but rather serious in the class.Tortured? Nah!If you are bored and tortured, you wont be a regular!!
O, I did have a "look" in class, when I m all stressed after work. Someone calls me a snob. Ah, what the heck. If I dont like the class, I wont be going lor. No worries, FBB.
Lower than normal attendance..Yea, I noticed that other class attendance was halved,with exception for the CD I went on Wednesday.. Happy Holidays Everyone!
Kit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home