Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Listen To My Bagpipes

There's something fascinating I find about the Bagpipes song, for track 4, Combat 26. Mesmerising, almost. Firstly, I can't figure out what the heck they're saying, it sounds like some incoherent demon possessed chant, but yet, there's a pulse in the song that really makes it such a fun track. Of course, the 4 jabs plus knifing the opponents neck and jugular makes it all that much more delicious. And I love that blabbing that goes on just before the jump kick sequence starts. Apparently, all it says is "listen to my bagpipes", but from where I am, it sounds like gibberish.

The class wasn't as packed as it used to be. Bring back the Cherubim (formerly known as Cerberus), I say. I think somehow, she managed to draw the crowds, in a very paradoxical way. It became a challenge to get into class. Now, there seems to be no challenge to get in. I was like number 15 in the register, where previously we'd be lucky to be number 38 or 39. Or GASP, don't tell me it's true, FCI is losing his appeal!!! HAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHHAA. (Evil cackle). Well, if he keeps expecting people to remember their kata moves without any guidance....hmmmph.....

Nevertheless, it was a great class, as usual. Finally spoke with one the chappies whom I know also attends FDI's class on Saturdays. Funny how after awhile, you see all these people, and you can't remember, "have I actually spoken to them before?", because they all look so familiar.

Meanwhile, talking about familiar, look who appeared in yesterday's NST, fitness section.



Yup, it's been almost a year since he left the friday pump slot, after he was OUSTED by Shades, (who only usurped the position to dump it again unceremoniously shortly after the event. I think he was then replaced by Mighty Mouse, and subsequently, our dear hot hot Richelle).

And in another development, Lionheart has finally made his appearance on the blogosphere by leaving a comment in the previous post.

5 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that be my FPI...in the good old days of Sweat Club, MV.
SC

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah..i think your FCI is losing his appeal!!

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend's all-time fav instructor...I must tell her...

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thot you meant Dave Nyuku, but realized that he was having the class prior to to BL. Yah..miss his class as well..
Lionheart

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BL is one of these fantastic instructors who can give an excellent class without having to "tweak" the choreo or resort to theatrics. Much like the Pump legend known as Robot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home