Thursday, November 09, 2006

Treadump

Or more appropriate, pumpill. Ie, Pump, followed by Treadmill.

Actually, I recall now why I took up GX classes. 30 minutes on the treadmill really seems to take FOREVER. My hats off to those with the tenacity to regularly day after day, go on that machine that takes you nowhere. In light of the recent tragedy at the Curve, I am also beginning to think that of all the stationary machines, the treadmill is the most hazardous, coz one mistep, and you might sustain some serious injuries. I recall a friend once in the days of yore, in sweat club, apparently turned around to wave to another friend, and fell splat on his face. But its quite a nice feeling though, having completed the 30 minutes.

Can someone enlighten me on weight loss heart rate. Coz if it is what I THINK it is, then all that body step and body combat, which brings you ABOVE the weight loss heart rate, is pointless!!! For my age, the weight loss heartrate is 220x80% = 176-40 = 136 beats per minute. Which is achieved by walking at 15% (the max gradient on the treadmill) at 6km/h. This combo, in terms of calorie burning seems to be quite good. Can burn supposedly 450 cals in half an hour. Quite funny, how when you select a manual program, you have to key in your "age" into the treadmill. A slight chill ran down my spine as I typed FOUR ZERO.

Before that, I had gone for Body Pump. For a 4.45 class, it was mighty packed. Lionheart was there, as usual with his 20kg a side squat. Just looking at it made me exhausted. The portly gentleman next to him was a close 17.5kg a side. If the studio were a ship, we'd have capsized or tilted over one side, as all the heavy weights were on the right side of the room. (as in, the weights they carried were heavy). It was quite a tough class actually, and had a decent amount of sweat.

When I was leaving the gym, I caught a glimpse of the famous Kylie Gates. Actually, FDI sms-ed me to tell me that he was hoping to catch her class, at 8.30. When I read the sms, it didn't click that 8.30 was the wrong time, or I could have alerted him. Her class (balance) was actually after FSI's class, which would have been 7.45 or 7.50. Of course, I sms-ed him at 9.30 to tell him this oversight, which was a fat load of good.

6 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

mr blur here got to the gym and asked to sign up for Balance. Front desk girl looked at me and said "started liao lo!" :p

just went up and watch lo..

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger shades said...

remember tonight BP & BJ in DU!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

hmmm, i just checked the DU schedule. wow, what a sterling line up of pump instructors. ben sim, hin tong, rizal, ....all the ones i wouldnt mind going for. (cant throw the term "favourite" around too liberally these days)...

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

oops, of course i accidentally left out a certain alvin looi from the list of sterling pump instructors.
errata:
wow, what a sterling line up of pump instructors. ben sim, hin tong, rizal, alvin looi

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very surprised to see Leon standing outside the studio watching the famous Kylie Gates conducting her BB class in darkness...in darkness becoz it was the cooldown track. He told me he had messed up the timing and intended to just go in and do some "lying down". Leon...hope you had a great workout lying down in Kylie's class..hehe..
By the way, Kylie joined us and did FSI's BS class at 6.45pm. It was evident that FSI felt pressured. Thot he was wobbly a bit at the start, but then he got into the groove of things with his famous squat thingy, and before you know it, we were all panting like mad. Great class as usual. Even Kylie gave FSI the kudos at the end.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger YOU! said...

:p yeah FSI told me. I didn't get to join the class after all. Thought it would distruptive to just barge in when the rest are being to relax.

Went for her Jam class in DU last nite. Awesome!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home