Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Equivalent of the 3 Tenors

They are what Pavarotti, Domingo and Carreras are to the Opera. The 3 errr.... I can't think of a suitable word, not quite DIVAS, (only one of them is a true blooded diva)....

Anyway, I was referring to the Charity Combat event held in the Curve on Saturday. 1½ hour class, taught by FCI, FDI and No 1 in Tianjin. It was my first exposure to the new release, and I have to say, I love the music and the movements. Okay, I am not lithe enough to do those flying side kicks, AND in any case, with that kind of crowd, I reckon it can be quite hazardous. That pummeling move in the muay thai from SO WHAT is also back, in the current muay thai track.

I couldn't help thinking, seeing them on stage, all synchronised, that those three could have been male dancers in some seedy bar, without much problem. All three have vastly different styles. For the We Will Rock You muay thai, (which I lurve), FDI suddenly burst into a Can Can move instead of doing knees. He's hilarious. Well, since 2 days have elapsed since the event, I can't recall much detail anymore. It was like a reunion, FCI's normal crowd in MJH, and FDI's normal crowd on Saturday, (except sunshine...where oh where did sunshine go? Behind the clouds) so people like Megs and THX (or is it Dolby) were there too. Haven't seen them in ages. Sidekick was there this time. Presumably No1 in Tianjin's fans were there too. Choobacca was also present. Lots of instructors milling around too, FSI was guarding the entrance to the sacred lair, bumped into OFPI (outgoing Fave Pump Instructor), who has lost a lot of weight, and didnt appreciate me saying he looked so skinny, like gollum. YI, Riyo....Boy Robin...

Actually FDI sent me some pics but its on another pc, so will post them once I get home.

Oh, Merry Christmas everyone.

5 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine was shining over the South China Sea...

Hiya, always miss these charity events and always for the same reason...

FB, could you please elaborate ah?

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

hmm, over the south china sea?? at that particular moment, or you've been suspended there (as in hanging over the south china sea) for awhile?

whats the same reason you miss charity events?

elaborate on what ah?

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so hard to log in...

Hahaha, I meant that I was in Hong Kong that weekend as i was during the last charity event, Miracle...

Therefore, really curious to know more of what i missed...

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great effort placed there on the evasive sidekick FBB. :P

It was a great workout that day. 90-min Combat was great, crowd also was great. Seen familiar faces, and faces that I would like to see more often. haha * hint * kidding.

Now, am back to kickstart my new year with my regular classes.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

dr combat, happy new year.

yar, i was evading the evasive sidekick you mean. in a class that crowded, it's a matter of time someone gets properly sidekicked!!!! hahahah.

and pray tell, who are those familiar faces you'd like to see more often ah?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home