Monday, September 11, 2006

In Summary.....

Been quite busy, so haven't blogged since LAST tuesday's combat class. Actually, I have been going for classes....so, in summary:

Wednesday - RPM with Herny, who was team teaching with some other lass who's name I forget. I don't know what it is about RMP that lures me back almost weekly, coz I think I hate it, but yet, feel an unspeakable sense of exhilaration after completing it. It's almost like military training.... I swear there are some people in the class who never touch the knob. And it must be one of the most effective cooldowns as well, coz during the class, I get this feeling I'll never walk again, but miraculously, after the cool down, it's okay.

Thursday - Lunch time body step with FSI...it's been almost a month, if not more, actually, how fast time flies. To cut a long story short, I was pooped after his class. Exhausted. Thoroughly. There were five new comers. I was late, so I was in front of the class, along the same longitude as FSI. Meaning, I had to crane my neck right to see what he was doing. I hate it when that happens. But it was a great class. I don't recall that much sweat in body step for a long time. There were 5 newbies in the class, so it was pretty packed. Again, apart from FSI, I am the only guy. If estrogen was contagious, I'd be able to get pregnant by now.

Friday - Due to Red Planet's birthday celebrations, and having to make the birthday cake, I couldn't go for Richelle's pump.

Saturday - Combat with Leon Lai, and his sidekick. Was originally looking forward to this class, but on the day itself, I had a massive hangover, and it was pouring heavily in the afternoon, plus I had an order for 4 different cakes, so at 3.30, as I wished I could utilise the brilliantly cool afternoon to sleep away the mild hangover, I was faced with a severe inner turmoil. I could see the good fatboybakes with wings and harp talking to the other one with the pitchfork.

Good FBB: Come on, get your lazy arse out of bed, and go detox.
Bad FBB: Noooo, you need your beauty sleep. At your age, your chest will sag to your knees if you don't treat your hangover.
Good FBB: No no no, you need to get the booze out of your system, or it'll just accumulate around your fat belly.
Bad FBB: You look like an idiot doing combat anyway....FCI laughs at you all the time. Why subject yourself to such humiliation? And look at the weather....

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Good FBB won, and I was on the rivers of the penchala link, paddling my way towards the Curve. I was glad I went, of course; it's always an entertaining class, with Leon. He made some veiled references about "I can't sing". One of my favourite combat tracks, Final Countdown, was played again. (FCI did it last tuesday). Sidekick, (can't think of a distinctive nickname just yet) took over for tracks 6 & 7, which were quite well executed. I have no complaints. At least sidekick doesn't come across as being so full of himself and think himself God's gift to the combat fraternity, unlike some other newbies. Hmm, actually Sidekick isn't a bad nickname for a combat instructor. Better than Back Kick. Love Leon's expressions on stage. Very dramatic. Had to bite my lip on occasion to prevent laughter outburst. Not sure if the people around me were intoxicated by the C2H5OH fumes that must have been emanating from me.....gross!!!!

7 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

hiacks! Leon and Side-kick! :p My challenge from now on is to make you and others laugh out loud on the appropriate tracks :D

Planning my tracklist for sat now. Will probably put my fav karaoke friendly conditioning in :p

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

i cant think of ANY karaoke friendly conditioning. now u got me curious. wonder if the "other" instructor who used to be my regular saturday combat, realises i've been missing. haha, the treachery of it all.

yes, please rise to the challenge of making me laugh out loud.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

er... not really that karaoke friendly except for the last part where you can just scream :p hehehe

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, FBB .. thanks for the compliment ..but i think i got lots to improve still.. so this saturday lets kick together then .. hiak hiak .. but this time i'll be downstage with you .. and Leon will have his solo again .. :D

I'm curious on the conditioning track as well.. i think he may torture our kicks .. then i'll turn Hiak Hiak to ai ya.. ya. ya ... :P

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

sidekick, thanks for dropping by. i wonder how word gets around about these things!!! must be very careful what i say abt ppl hor!!

but yar, i enjoyed ur two tracks. as for improvement, aiya, the whole of life's journey is about that lar...

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha..words does goes fast .. but links between blogs works even faster..

But it's not a matter of being reviewed , but i'm impressed on the way you guyz really done in the blog and i will sooner find my time to get mine done one day ..

Anyhow.. i do love the nick given .. Hiak hiak ...

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yahor, i think Sidekick is a great name too. so cute. now everytime you DO a sidekick, you can remember me!!!! hahahahaahahahahahahah!!! look forward to your blog. mind you, dont be like leon....start blog, but updates are like a woman's period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home