Thursday, August 24, 2006

Compee Em

Combat and RPM. Meant to go for just combat, but then found out it wasnt the sistine chapel teaching, and in any case, I was late. By the time I got there they were already on track 4, and I was mentally debating the wisdom of entering the class without warm up. However, young boy Alvin beckoned me from inside, and I was curious to see how the new replacement instructor fared. To give a clue as to his identity, "what is de thing dat you mow???"

Entered midway at track 4, and left after muay thai to catch the rpm class. It must be where I was standing, but I had actually worked up an unusual amount of sweat in 3½ tracks.

Of course, that sweat was NOTHING compared to what was to come in RPM. By the 3rd track, there wasn't a single dry orifice left on my body, I think. Sweat was dripping down my forehead like lava off Vesuvius. I can't fathom how some people can emerge from that class virtually sweatless. Even if you pedal at lowest resistance, the room is stuffy enough to be like a sauna....surprisingly the class wasn't full, probably because of the heavy rains. Great workout, as usual. For me, RPM is still the hardest Les Mills class thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home