Monday, July 31, 2006

Lots Of Exercise Over The Weekend

On Friday evening, as I was lazing in the massage chair, in two minds whether to go for Richelle's pump or not, I got a call from the computer guy saying he was around the corner and could come and fix my pc. On a Friday evening, any old excuse to not exercise is welcome, although I do love Richelle's pump class. About 6.23pm, I get Lionheart's sms asking if I was going.....there comes a point of no return I guess, in most matters in life, .....by the time I had decided whether or not to go, it was really too late. In any case, the pc guy still hadn't come.

One of the reasons why I didn't feel too guilty about not going to gym on Friday evening was coz I had an appointment to jog in lake gardens, with a friend from Singapore, who used to be my jogging buddy when he lived here for awhile. Everytime he comes (he's Malaysian) he'll ask me along for a jog, and there's a certain ritual involved. I'll stretch in the area outside the lake club guard room, he'll come walking up from the public car park, we'll exchange cursory greetings, do some warm up, and start jogging. Takes awhile for me to warm up, so in the beginning, he'll always be somewhat ahead. Then we turn off the Lake Gardens and go onto the road that leads to Carcosa. Onthis uphill track, I seem to be faster than him. On this particular morning, the road was stinking of garbage stench. Disgusting. As we re-enter the lake gardens, onto flat terrain, the pace is equal. On the half second round around the lake, there's an unspoken sprint of sorts to the finishing line, which is just after the staircase leading up to Tun Razak Memorial. Then we'd walk the rest of the way, about 800m or so, back to the club, which is when we'd chat a bit, and continue chatting over a drink in Lake Club.

Now, I haven't been jogging regularly since I started joining group exercise classes, and one thing bad about jogging with friend is we always tend to omit a cool down. I paid the price heavily for this oversight, as every conceivable part of the body, waist down, ached like mad that night.

In the evening, headed to the Curve, for combat with Saturday matinee idol. Lionheart had earlier texted replying about Richelle's class, and had asked, "by the way, who the heck ins the matinee idol". When I told him, he said "oh, the one who looks like Lai Meng, the singer, who can't sing". Had to clarify who was it that couldn't sing. Was it Lai Meng, or the instructor...turns out he meant Lai Meng. The crowd at the curve is becoming less unfamiliar, and starting to recognise some regulars, and struck up a conversation with one of them. This chappie, also a regular, was also bemoaning the fact that FCI's class there on monday night was too tight for comfort.

Anyway, "Lai Meng"'s class was good as usual. Love his facial expressions. Though I found the "Sexy" combat track a bit strange. Something felt amiss. Either it was the choreo, or me..... Asked newly made acquaintance after the class if the kick sequence was off, but he didnt seem to detect anything wrong. Didn't dare ask the instructor himself la, after kena kick.

Two cardios in a day. Big pat on the back. I deserve a massage.

Sunday.... as there was no sunday school, and we had planned to go for the earlier service, which ends at 10.15 or so, there was a choice of Axis, with FCI, Subang with No 1 in Tianjin, or the usual Step in MJH with 2nd FSI. FCI's class was quickly struck out, coz had to bring the kids for a birthday party at Hartamas Shopping Centre, AND, furthermore, I was sure he would say I was only there coz he was team teaching with Lai Meng. I was actually VERY keen to go for Dr Combat's class in WC, and had expected the kid's party to be over by 1pm. But noooo, it dragged on, and by the time we got home, was 2.15pm. So that left Body Step, with 2nd FSI, which was good coz I haven't been going for a month or so, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that class. A lot of "diva" tracks, as 2nd FSI said. But nice selection, and a great workout. Really, the mike and him seem to be completely incompatible. He always inevitably has some problem with the mike, in MJH.

18 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also can't sing the save my life! :p The jump kick sequence in "SEXY" is correct, jab (face)-jab(stomach)-jab (face), double knee, knee and jump kick. There's a slight pause after the jump kick. :)

and NO.. I don't assault my members la.. I just make sure the following week, the work harder! muahahahahaha!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

oooh si fu, so nice of you to drop by. ya, i meant to ask, isnt it (for right leg fwd), double right knee, left knee, kick right knee??? as in, right, right, jump (on left) and kick with right? ;)

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger shades said...

No lah..

Right leg forward:
2 left knees
then jump kick

option is 2 left knees & walking front kick.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

sorry, sorry, confuse oridi. never mind, forget it. who am i to argue with the trained. ....oh wait, wait, hangon. right leg forward, two left knees, jump kick with which leg? (as in, which is the kicking leg)?? hahahah.....see la, amateur want to talk to see foos very hard ler.

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did the computer man turn up in the end?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yhsmom, ya, computer man turned up at EIGHT THIRTY!!!! around the corner my a**!!!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

ykh, i just found out who lai meng is. (Leon Lai)....wah, lionheart very flattering hor....bestow you such a nickname. oh, hangon, maybe its leon who should feel honored that you look like him leh....;)

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it was me who thought of the nickname! Lion agreed instructor in question looked like a Hong Kong Matinee idol but couldn't pinpoint exactly which one one it was!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

OOOOH, well done yhsmom. i checked on the net, and am amazed by the startling resemblance. if leon lai were president of america, then ykh can be his double... (for those high risk assassination appearances).

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger shades said...

For jump kicks, always kick with the leg in front...

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm the fatter version of Leon hehe:p (tak malu!) thanks for the compliment hor...

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ykh: Glad you don't mind. There are quite a number of Leon haters out there and luckily you are not one of them!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

err.. I'm a leon "disliker".. hate is such a strong word! can't stand is nasal whiny singing. heheh

SHADES! I want royalty for being pimped on your blog! :p you could have chosen a better photo.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no....ykh looks like Leon Lai? Dun you people think he looks more like the Taiwan talented star, Lee Hom :-)

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it depends on the age of the people you are asking. Leon was from Lionheart and my generation. Whereas the younger generation would probably say YKH looks like Lee Hom

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wa! from Leon to Lee Hom! better be careful.. nanti the fans start hentam you guys for blasphemy! :p

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leon or Lee Hom, ykh is still my darling! Wink! Wink!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiseh! thank you thank you.. maybe I should start blogging! if only I can get my act together la! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home