Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Just Can't See Myself Doing Jam

After pump with YI yesterday, saw a regular combater who was going to do jam.... supposedly for the first time. If it really was her first time, then she's a natural....She looked good doing it. I think if I did jam, it would look quite obscene. It would be like the Blob meets Earthquake. Shudder. The very thought of it. All that shimmying, and shaking. I think the only way I could do jam is if I were stone pissed drunk.

Last saturday, attended usual combat in MJH, the last class for the day, with longest running instructor. There's a certain familiarity about that class, that is heart warming. It's almost like err..... going to a high school reunion. 45 minute class, and after 2 years of doing combat, I think I finally figured out that the Les Mills format for a 45 min combat class is, track1 - warm up, 2 - combat, 3- power, 4-combat, 5- muay thai, 6-recovery 7- power, 8-cooldown.

Pump with YI (young instructor) was good. Another class with lots of familiar faces. Quite a lot of guys for a class at that hour. YI was very considerate, and said he'd try to find a shoulder track with less upright rows next week, coz of my shoulder. (I think he noticed I carry donuts for shoulder). But I told him no need to do so on my account, I dont mind carrying donuts. I did increase weight yesterday for squats, from 11kg to 12.5kg on each side, which I think is quite do-able. For triceps, I put on an extra donut, so its 6kg on each side. Don't really know its effect, as there was very little bar work, most of the track was tricep kick backs at the beginning.

How to spice up a gym blog??? Even me, as the writer, am getting bored of writing, let alone the poor readers.

8 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a good way to spice things up is to include some pictures

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

well, anonymous, that's wat got me into trouble in the first place la. and in any case, we arent allowed to take pics in the gym.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Kooky Kwerks said...

hehe. you could trace the account of your gymming journey together with your diet! i think i have too much about eating in my blog, and not enough about gymming- but then again, i don't gym as often as you do.. :)

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i knew u’re gonna blog this… i was far, very very far away from being natural with my ‘2 left foot’!!! was awkward, rigid, stiff and totally uncoordinated. caught the instructor’s bemusement look a couple of times, im sure he was flabbergasted by my inelegance!… later, he announced that yesterday was his last class for that particular slot!!! coincidence? i think not….

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a member who follows many of the classes you attend and also follow your blogs, i think you are just fine. There maybe lulls when nothing much happens but thats life, isn't it? :p

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

awww, thank you for the encouraging words.

anonymous jammer....please la, dun be so modest. u looked good. ask kento and see. i am sure that jam instructor giving up the slot has nothing to do with you. btw, glad to see u here....didnt know u actually read this.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey FBB, you havent done it, you wont know! go try out tomorrow. There is a bollywood launch at SPK. Should be interesting! Eh.. you may skip the shimmy part.
YF, Nat.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nat here.
I think u might have mistaken me for the wrong person.
I wasnt there on that Tuesday.
I have fun reading your blogs, FBB. An Added zest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home