Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Schindler's List

Not trying or meaning to sound frivolous about the holocaust, but merely to use an analogy, somehow, trying to get onto the registration list for FCI's class IS like the Jews trying to get onto Schindler's list during the holocaust. Or the Vietnamese trying to get onto the last helicopter out of Saigon, before its fall, like in Miss Saigon.

When I got to the gym at 6.25m, I asked Cerebus if registration for Combat had started. She said, 15 minutes before class starts. Good, 5 minutes to spare, I think to myself. I was already changed, so only had to put on my shoes. I thought, good, should make it to the top 20 in schindler's list... put on my shoes, take a quick sip from water cooler, (oh, meanwhile, a blur blur girl had accidentally walked into the men's changing room and ran out screaming), and went back out to queue.....ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT REGISTRATION HAD BEGUN, and the list was FULL!!!!! My pal, Roger was also in a similar predicament. He had actually gotten there at SIX pm!!!

Again, at the risk of getting the instructor into trouble, we managed to get in somehow, as illegal immigrants. Actually I reckon they probably can accommodate more than the number allowed in the dreaded LIST. The A/V system in MJH is placed at a really awkward place, and usually instructors stand in front of the A/V, which makes the front line actually quite far back from the front mirrors.


So by moving and aligning himself with the A/V, and bringing the front line further forward, I think he could easily accommodate about 10 more illegals. FCI, hope you dont get into trouble for this.

I have to say I love the Bohemian Rhapsody cooldown. No one else seems to do it, apart from my ex FCI, and I have to concede that this FCI does it better, and told him so. He just replied "of course". (which apparently he said jokingly)

I wonder if there's a recommended syllabus that's passed around every week....or recommended combination. Coz I swear, a few of the tracks were the same as the one Matinee Idol used on Saturday in the curve.

8 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your FCI's class seems to be always packed. what is the appeal? all these sweaty bodies so close to each other. yucks.

From
jabbajabbauppercut

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jabbajabbauppercut: although you are right that sweaty bodies within close range can be quite yucky, the appeal is that FCI always conduct a very good class and one can definitely get a fulfilling work out after each session. For some weird reason, that's the other appeal of FCI's classes, the fact that his classes are always so pack gives the work out a certain oomph!

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come rain come shine the fearsome gatekeeper or ‘dragon lady’ is always on duty during FCI slot, wonder why? Personally, I reckon she’s more like the dreaded ‘Ex-Nazi Torture Chamber Guard’! Her photographic memory is almost frightening… many brave-hearts tried but we all know you can’t fool her, all she needs is just one chilling glance before she barks… ‘your name is NOT on the list’

Canterbury

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

canterbury....hmm, of forum fame? hmmm, scratching chin...are you who i think you are??? i only mentioned this blog to ONE person yesterday at the class, chuckle chuckle, nudge nudge wink wink.

but yar, aitelyu, that woman has photographic memory. in another life, she definitely would be a nazi. thought she's actually quite friendly for non FCI classes.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yar, jabbajabbauppercut (what a long name...cool one though), i agree with tracy. its the msian herd mentality, the more the crowd, the MORE people want to go.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

choowie recommended your blog to me yesterday, he said strong stomach muscle is needed - in terms of laughter!

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry that was me earlier, in case you're wondering who wrote that... left in a haste without leaving my trace behind….

Choowie, you’re darn right! my jaw is hurting fr laughter.

canterbury

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

canter, thanks for ze compliment. chewie has never left his trace here yet though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home