Tuesday, August 22, 2006

To Pump Or Not To Pump

I'm not talking about breastfeeding mothers. They, obviously, SHOULD pump.

Anyway, that recurring back injury manifested itself again whilst I was on holiday in Bangkok, probably due to a combination of slouching, early morning showers, general bad posture, lack of exercise, and a soft mattress.

Now, the fact that I haven't gone to the gym since last tuesday, made me feel really guilty, and much as I would have loved to have used the back ache as an excuse, I happened to be on line with FFBI, (future favourite balance instructor, aka Robin), who said it should be okay to do pump, with slightly less weight for squats and back. So I heeded his advice, and reduced the squat weight to 10kg and back to 7.5kg accordingly. There's something disconcerting about doing pump when some macho women seem to be heaving more weight than you. This regular, whom we shall call Rapunzel, must have been an Amazon trainer in her heyday.

I'm glad I went though, for after the class, the pain seemed to have miraculously disappeared, at least temporarily, either from numbness, or from loosening up. It's still niggling there somewhere. Also did some treadmill and cross trainer (for a very short while), darn mp3 player ran out of battery.....

They seem to be tightening the registration procedures at the gym. Wonder if Cerberus had anything to do with this.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rapunzel aka She-with-whips-for- hair?

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yup, she the one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home