Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sloth, One Of the Seven Deadly Sins

These lazy hazy days of summer. Air quality begins to deteriorate yet again; I guess we have our neighbours to blame, it's always them anyway. That there are vehicles on our roads spouting thick billows of dark smoke is secondary. It's always the neighbours' fault. With the enveloping smog, the excuses not to exercise also increase.

Nevertheless, I managed to get myself to the gym for the usual body pump class, with YI, who this time had less running commentary in between tracks, and managed to complete 10 tracks in 55 minutes. (it's a 45 minute class, with a 10 minute buffer with the next) The class seems to be getting more crowded actually, though when I first arrived, about 4.30pm, there was only one other board set up. As I looked around, I realised I know almost half the class, by name. Not a bad assortment of tracks, voodoo child, summer rain, carwash..... with my elbow still not properly healed, shoulder track is an easy track for me now that I only carry donuts.

Now, why I really felt like a sloth was the fact that after the class, EVERYONE I knew there proceed for further exercise, either on the treadmills, or the following body jam class (incidentally, bumped into young wolf), or the step machine....some form of cardio. I used to do this during the days of Lisa Jones, ie, cycle after body pump. But that was a whole year ago, and I am a whole lot closer to 40 now....anyway, with mp3 player in tow, (not i-pod, cant afford those), I head down to the treadmill, bumped into YI who says, "what? you're going to the treadmill"? That is like telling a person standing on the edge of the cliff, "yar, here, jump, let me give you a slight nudge". I was tempted to say, "actually, no, you've made me realise how much I don't want to do this".

I'm not sure if those calorie counters on the treadmill are accurate, or even remotely so. Anyway, at a 15% incline, (the max), at 6 kph, one can burn 810 calories in an hour. So, there I was, at that incline and speed, and had reached 100 over calories in 10 minutes, and I noticed the guy next to me, who was jogging on a flat, at 8kph, had only burnt 140 calories in 24 minutes. Hey, let me climb every mountain.....

Now, it seems that the bestowing of HK matinee idol title, plus nickname, plus pimping on Shades site, has really boosted his popularity. (His as in "Leon Lai Ming") Got a text informing me that his subang combat class, at 9.45 pm, was packed!!!! 30 ppl. Last week was only 12!!! Also his Curve class on Saturday, which I missed, was also packed!!! So, looks like regardless of the photo that shades put up, Leon's popularity seems to have soared....Do you hear the People Sing???

18 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Leon" owes us a meal!Failing which a private BC or BJ session just with the 3 of us - me, FB & Lionheart will also suffice!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

definitely. however if this is a ploy to get me to jam, it wont work. BC la. doubt lionheart would jam either.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... not even an attempt at Nike Rockstar Bollywood? Am rather curious about Lai Ming's culinary skills... Especially now that he has demonstrated that he is multilingual!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

actually, if you can get lionheart to bollywood rockstar this sat at mjh, under the esteemed tutelage of leon lai, i would rise to the challenge...
then we can all do kenny's bodystep after that, before going foryou know what.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

hmmm, actually, on 2nd thoughts, not even a dancing lion can drag me to dance...

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

BOLLYWOOD! all 3 of you! :p I dare you :D

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echos the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

Will be an interesting cooldown... :p

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a BJ and Nike Rockstar regular so it's no sweat for me... As for the other 2, well... Hmmm

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger shades said...

C'mon...be a man and dance!

I attended last week's NRSW Bollywood and it's FUN!!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yhsmom, very well then, if you can get lion heart for shake his paws and tail, and bootie, i shall also bollywood.

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dun mean to be rude ..but when u said ... * has really boosted his popularity * hmm... YKH doesn't need any sort of pimping or does he need any un-intentional advert by ur goodself to boost up his *popularity* . if one is good ...then he/she is good .. and YKH is good ! & and this goes for all the instructors .... ! Please give the instructors some PRIVACY ...

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what cooldown is that YOU!?

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo, bollywood for FBB?
Take the BodyJam lar! Trust me.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

u mean the cooldown in bollywood is very good?
btw leon, sorry if we've invaded your PRIVACY. twas all in the spirit of fun.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i mean the poem, is that a cooldown song?
agree with fbb, it is all in good fun :p

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

aiyo! chill out! it's all for good fun la! My privacy not invaded :) sunshine, that's not a poem. It's the lyric from Les Mis' Do you Hear the People Sing.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

of course my favourite lyric from les miserables is :
EVERYBODY RAISE A GLASS,
RAISE IT UP THE MASTER'S AR**!!!
heh heh...

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! saw les mis but cannot remember the lyrics la, getting old...;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home