Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Absence Makes The Heart Grow .........Weaker

I haven't been for Tuesday combat in ages. What with Chinese New Year, and constant disruptions, laziness, rainy weather, it became easier and easier to find excuses to skip this class which was once etched in stone in my gym schedule.

So, it was very nice to finally drag myself out the quagmire and attend. (This was LAST Tuesday, before the launches). Nothing much had changed, still the same old faces. I dunno if it is my imagination, but Certifiable Steve doesn't seem to be as energetic as before, in the shouting department. Taking over the battle cry was Janvier, who was screaming like a Duracell Bunny being abused by an Energizer Rabbit. However, they did add to the spirit of the class. The tuesday combat class is always very energetic anyway. Being absent from combat for a few weeks (not only Tuesday) does make the heart go weaker.

I was looking forward to Iron Lady's Pump on Wednesday, but to my disappointment, she was replaced by someone else. Some gentleman in the class, who had skipped class for a few weeks, looked like he was about to collapse after the lunge track, ..... Anyway, let's see, how many tracks did we do? One, Two, Twee, ..... oh, skipped Triceps and Biceps as he stuck to a 45 minute regime.

And that was it until Sunday, when I went for 2nd FSI's step class. He forgot his ipod, but luckily, had a CD on him. Getting quite crowded for a Sunday afternoon. Don't these people need to nap? It's a struggle and a half for me to get there.

Monday pump with YI, after having missed it for 2 weeks. Lionheart and Atlas, the two hardcores, were in the house, making our mere mortal weights look like feathers. Just looking at Lion's weights makes me dizzy.

Tuesday combat again, ah, we've come full circle for a week. Exceedingly enjoyable, I felt. Like a reunion of sorts, Lionheart, Ahgirl and Megan were there, only missing Yhsmom and Sunshine. Fantastic energy levels, the battle cry this time mostly led by Steve. Apparently there are a lot of performance moves, which FCI omitted, hence, we felt quite cheated. For all his normal showmanship, I can't understand how come he's so shy when it comes to all these groovy moves. Getting him to shimmy is like getting a horse to do yoga. Absence of side performances aside, it was great class, and I have to say I quite like the new releases. Step has great music (except for the 360C stomp/jump around the board, which CANT POSSIBLY be good for the knees) , Pump is not bad at all, and Combat...very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home