Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Always A Great Class

I honestly intended to do a back to back Pumbat, with Richelle's pump followed by FCI combat. Alas, by the time I got to the gym, it was 6.20pm, even then, I had to be dropped, so that I didnt waste time parking, and risk not getting into the list.

Just about EVERYONE was there last night. Lionheart, Megs, The Tall Girl, Ahgirl, Ahgirl's BFF, Lafarge Lad. Wonder what happened to the Tall Guy, ...(the one which needs a safety radius of about 10 feet if you don;t want to risk getting kicked by the fler).

FCI was late. Fortunately for him, the clock in the studio is 5 minutes slower than the outside clock, or it'll show him being 10 minutes late, instead of 5. Then again, there were torrnetial downpours in certain parts of town, though the area surrounding MML was dry, which is why our weather reporters use the term "hujan di sini sana".

Quite a lot of recent release material was used. My favourite jinga capoeria, (not coz I CAN do the ES.... learnt that term from FDI's class on Sat. ES!!! Easy Sh**? Evasive Sidekick) Speaking of FDI, FCI made some remark alluding to FDI, but it cant be requoted on the blog. As FCI picked on me a few times, of course, I couldn't resist giving it back. During the high knee, he placed his hand to indicate the level to which I should raise the knee to, so I commented, "luckily you're short. if you were YOU KH, I'd be in trouble". Ooooh that felt good.

I dont remember the muay thai at all, which is apparently from the latest release. It has a total of 64 knees, .... 16 R, 16L, repeat. Quite fun though. He was going to do the track 8 from the last release, the one that sounds like a puppet show, or marionettes on heat, (FDI looks very comical when he does that marionette move bridging the jabs and the upper cuts)....but at the last minute, switched back to his trademark Color of the Night.

The conditioning was quite tough. I didn't know there's such a thing as biceps pushups, but anyway, he said the pushups weren't triceps pushups, just biceps. It's actually the usual chest pushups. I guess it does work the biceps. It's quite tough coz of the 8 bottom halves at the end of each set. Apart from him, I doubt anyone actually finished it on their toes. Even he got up midway to do some instruction,....so I am not sure if he can actually.

I love, and always love the Bohemian Rhapsody cooldown. First exposed to it by exFCI. But of course, FCI does it so well......

Great class, had a great time.

8 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is never easy doing FCI's BC class (or any class for that matter) after Richelle's killer pump, but glad that I still "forced" myself to go in. I am not exactly a regular BC class go-er, but yah...dat was a damn good class. Enjoyed myself thoroughly. Btw dat was my first time doing your so called ES Easy Sh**...no lah, I didnt dare to attempt the "flying" part, although FCI attempted to swipe his feet under when it was time for me to supposedly "jump". Loved the 64 repeaters Muay Thai track (come to think of it, I like any Muay Thai track). Missed Sunshine though...

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Kooky Kwerks said...

Yup, hafta agree. Fantastic class. I love the muay thai, hence requested FCI to do that. That and the track with the Pink song, Your Hand.

Haha. I saw FCI egging you on re: the high knees. Haha. You looked so funny.

Eh, I did his BC class at Curve on Mon. It was damn kau lar!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was packing to leave office but a phone call came in that lasted 45mins....and by the time i drove to MML, the clock showed 6.30pm, i thought with parking and changing to gym cothes, i would have missed easily 3 tracks, so continued to drive home la.....

i didn't know everyone was late-ish too.... ;)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

Now that I don't teach on Tues I've got to join the class one of these days when work is not so hectic! :p

let's see if i'll get interesting remarks being hurled at me hehehehe

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jade said...

who is this FDI yea?
(FDI looks very comical when he does that marionette move bridging the jabs and the upper cuts)....

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

chooi ling, FDI is the fler who commented right before you.

stands for FAVOURITE DIVA INSTRUCTOR.

glossary of other terms:
FSI - favourite step instructor - teoh
Mr Cool - Ben Sim
Richelle - Cross between riyo and michelle, ie, Serena
MNLI Macho Nippon Lady Instructor - Riyo
GW- Gorgeous Woman - Jacqueline
FPI (or OFPI) outgoing favourite pump instructor - shades
Horny - Henry
YI - Young Instructor - Kento
Boy Robin - Klevin
Sidekick - Jun Yin
Xena - Swee

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blehhhhhhhh.....

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so far i oni encounter FSI,
Richelle, GW, FPI, Horny, YI, Boy Robin & Sidekick in your post. prolly i should dig the older posts..

kehkehkehkeh..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home