Monday, March 26, 2007

Body Attack After 1 Year

Because Favourite Diva Instructor wasn't teaching his usual combat slot at the Curve on Saturday, I started scouring the time tables for an alternative class to attend. My eyes rested on the yellow/orange icon that represents Body Attack, and like a moth to a flame, I felt wildly attracted to attend a Body Attack class. I can't remember the last time I went for one, so I suspect it must have been a year ago. I think it was at SPK, at a launch, when FSI was team teaching with a few others. Anyway, on the schedule it showed Renee/Teoh, which is a good combo for attack.

I expected the parking at Curve to be the usual madness, but surprisingly, at 1.30pm, it was quite easy to park. Turned out that Kenny was teaching instead, and was being assessed by Kylie..Anyway, Kenny of course is a great instructor and has that male ballerina/figure skater build that makes him look very graceful in executing Body Attack. The class was energy packed, although by the end of track 2 I coulda sworn I was seeing a bright light.... and I was moving towards it. By end of track 3, I could feel my legs giving way, and the butt feeling really painful. And those pushups!!!! Goodness me, does ANYONE actually finish them on their toes??? Scary mary!!!

The poor chap, at track 9, suddenly looked as if he had lost the use of his limbs, due to a gastric attack, and looked like he was in acute pain. Anyway, in true diva fashion, the show must go on, and he continued the rest of the class with impeccable cue-ing and he did try as far as possible to do whatever he could. Kudos, for a great class.

Suffice to say, I could barely walk after that class, and on Sunday as well.

6 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so surprised to see you as i was going up the stairs....too bad couldn't chat longer coz the jam was starting....

But you did look ok after an attack class coz if it were me, i would look really exhausted!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger YOU! said...

First I was afraid..... hehehe I did my 1st full attack class last wed with Kylie! Fantabulous!! :)

Well, you did have a lovely Sunday evenings with real DIVAS... all 3 of them! :p

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger myCoffee said...

Er.., sounds like we were in the same class that day although I didn't/couldn't recognize you. Anyway, if you have the chance, do try Kylie's BA class. ;)

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

sunshine, one must maintain composure above all... even if dying, must look like ready to run a marathon.

FDI, yup, yup, have started downloading all their songs...KELIRU is gorgeous

mycoffee...where were u standing?

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger myCoffee said...

Oh, just wanna add that I agree with you that the upper body conditioning track (track 5) does bring all whole new term to the word H.A.R.D despite all the practice that we got from BP, *lol*.

ps: I was either standing at the back of the room behind the left pillar or next to the pillar. I was in black, i think. How about you?

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*chuckles*

I also love Ruth Sahayana and Kris Dayanti. When Kris Dayanti sang during our local diva's wedding of the year broadcast on TV,i was mesmerised.
And i have loved Ruth Sahayana since my uni days . I was introduced to her by my ex-bf who is Indonesian. The album with the hit single Kau lah Segalanya is good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home