Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Body Pump Sixty One

Okay, not as bad as I expected. The good thing about reading bad reviews is, your bar of expectation is brought so low, down to your nipple loin, .....much like movies, or anything else in life, when you have NO expectations, and then, its never quite as bad.

Again, the clocks in MJH were on different time zones. I huffed and puffed to get changed ontime, (as the outside clocks showed 4.43pm), rushed into the studio, (which was incidentally VERY packed...don't people have to work) only to see that the studio clock showed 4.35pm, and YI was yabbering on about starting a bit early, and killing time with the usual safety demonstrations (like airlines. By the way, I watched a documentary about this aircrash thing, and you should NEVER inflate your lifejacket while still in the plane. This plane landed in the sea, and those fellas who had inflated their lifejackets in the plane were pinned to the ceiling as the water came in, and couldnt swim out)

Where was I? Oh, yes. Body pump 61. Well, I didnt find it particularly easy, maybe coz of the 2 week hiatus, but it wasn't a killer either la. Biceps was surprisingly easier than expected. Triceps, with very little bar work, was also easier, and I'm glad I upped the weight slightly. Chest...hmmm, whenever they say, "No push ups" like its meant to be a consolation, I have my serious doubts. No push ups just means longer time with the bar, and I find that more painful. Clean and press, well, not easy, but not the hardest either. Anything with that SEVEN thingie can never really labelled as easy.

Lunges.....I was quite perplexed when we were asked to remove the base of the step board. I later on found out that it makes the board even lower, and hence the lunges even harder. Those athletic lunges are something new, but okay to do. It's them lunges on the board that I hate. I know realise the importance of knowing when/where the finishing line is. Where was it that I heard the story of this channel swimmer, who coz of foggy weather, gave up the swim only to realise she was 1km from the shore...yar, so my point being, with the new release, I didn't know when those darn lunges were gonna end, so I gave up on the first foot, JUST before it ended. (actually, it went onto bottom halves).

(an excerpt from the poem, DON'T QUIT)

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup.
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.



For the 2nd foot, (the other side), knowing what to expect, I managed to complete the set.

Ooh, finally a shoulder track with no upright rows. This elbow of mine is still killing me.

Not bad, have sustained three consecutive days of going to gym. Oh, I got an sms from exFCI today asking me to join the 9km run at the Curve on 15th April. Anyone care to join me?

OHHHH, yes yes, I meant to blog about this. Forgot to take a picture, (probably not allowed to), they have these new RED treadmills in FF Curve. They look like Airasia treadmills. Wonder what the tag line is? NOW EVERYONE CAN RUN (NOWHERE).

8 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB...I really miss going to YI's pump, and then Mr. Cool Ver 2.0's RPM Challenge thereafter every Monday evening. Looks like that is history to me..at least for the time being. Wifey now having PT sessions with The Tough Cookie (Wenisa) every Monday evening at Axis. Therefore, I am being "seconded" to Axis every Monday evening for Richelle's BP followed by a "Baptism" ceremony (BS style) with Richelle and "Pastor" Jeremy. Why Baptism you might ask.. Dat is bcoz the Pastor Jeremy is legendary in spraying his "holy sweat" on all of us...hail hail...hahahahahaha. But it is so nice to do Jeremy's class again after such a long time..to me, he is definitely one of the best BS instructors around...

BP 61...now wat can I say...am dead sick of it oridi..maybe I have been doing it too frequently over the past two weeks. But really nothing spectacular. Bicep damn easy..have to load up all the way. To me, even chest track have to load up, if not, the song will go "I'm not dead, just SLEEPING"...

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lionheart... for you all new releases are easy and boring cos you are BP king! I've never met anyone (be it instructor or gym member) tht knows every track at the back of his/her hand as well as you do. maybe with the exception of Mr Robot (Mr never make mistakes)...

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about the airasia tagline, when i ran my first 10km last year, my office colleages had a good laugh. I am one who always opts out when the guys decide to walk further than 100m to have lunch. It is ridiculous right to walk that far, when i am perched on top of a 3 and a half inch heel, summore so hot!

They actually coined a new tagline, no guesses, it was Now everyone can run!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger myCoffee said...

I think you just about sum it up (i.e., BP61) when you wrote "not easy, but not the hardest either". And The Curve has got new machines? Hmmm..., must take a look next time. It's sad that other "older" branches don't even get to have new machines despite the obvious "wear & tear".

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

mycoffee, (hey, arent you from the "other side"...ie, the food blog side), actually there are only 3 air asia treadmills in the curve la. its some new fandangled gadget by nike, which i think you have to wear the special nike shoes, to track your workout using bluetooth with the treadmill. something ridiculously canggih laidat.

lionheart, my pump hero, (actually, my les mills class hero), i have to agree with malaikat bumi, i doubt anyone knows the tracks inside out like u do. i swear if you were 10 years younger, you'd be an instructor. we will miss you in MJH on monday.

sunshine...so ah, you ran the 42km right? not 21km? BOW BOW BOW..... i am not worthy to untie the laces of your sneakers...

i think if i attempted 42km run now, hmmm, might have to make a withdrawal on my critical illness policies.....

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yar, the whole 42km!ran all over KL,i was so fatigued that i didn't even know where when i finished i was so happy i cried, looking at me, one would have thought i broke the world record! ( i can imagine people rolling their eyes up wards!)

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB..."Malaikat Bumi"...it took me a while to figure out wat dat is..my BM must be damn rusty. Talking about the "Airasia" tag, FSI, who is under severe pressure fr FF GX Mgmt to clear his BP, is already swearing dat he will definitely NOT teach in MJH for his maiden BP class (or even subsequent classes), nor wud he teach in any of the other "assessible" FF clubs around. He wud teach in those clubs that "Airasia" does not fly to. He is looking at maybe IOI or Cheras to lose his BP teaching virginity. Eh..you have a passport membership right? Guess all of us shud make the trouble to go to whatever club he selected just to see him lose his BP cherry hor? Hehehehe..

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger myCoffee said...

Ya, like you, I bake and I work out at the gym as well. ;-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home