Monday, March 19, 2007

Combat 31 Round Two

Since Chinese New Year....or rather, since Christmas, entire exercise schedules have been thrown into disarray, and diets have been crushed and crumbled like a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. And just when Chinese New Year was over, come the mid semester school breaks, which meant bringing the kids on holiday, which meant, eating. I mean, what are holidays without mindless consumption of junk food, buffet breakfasts, and what have you.

Anyway, it must have been something in the air, pollen, or a lazy haze, that rendered me completely and utterly immobile on saturday afternoon. I got an sms from FDI saying that he was feeling lazy as well. But I thought, if I dont get my fat a** over to the Curve this Saturday, I might as kiss any hope of getting back into a routine goodbye. Afterall, if FDI fails to lure, ......well, there's not much hope left. (coz this Tuesday, is my dad's birthday so I can't even go for FCI's class. Speaking of which, I haven't seen FCI since before CNY!!! What a record!). Coz of sms from FDI warning me that Curve carpark was full, I decided after prying myself out of the massage chair with a crowbar, that I'd go early. As luck would have it, I got a carpark within a minute of entering, so I was left with time to spare. On top of that, Combat now starts at 4.50, instead of 4.35, coz Balance has been moved to the new Mind and Body studio. "Mind and Body"...harumph, doesnt get any more new age than that. Ooh that means, I now have a valid excuse in perpetuity not to be able to attend Boy Robin's Body Balance class (which used to be after combat), coz it now starts at 5.30pm, overlapping with Combat. Oh dear, there goes my chance.

Warmed up on the step machines, dunno how accurate the calorie counters are, but managed to burn 100 cals in that short time, according to that thing. Actually, if those counters are accurate, then it is better to walk uphill (on a treadmill) on maximum incline, at 6km/h, than jog on a flat at 10km/h.

Back to combat. Diva was in his elements, hardly any noticeable errors. Some cheesy remarks that probably made me roll eyes. A really hilarious stance at the end of track 2 that made me chuckle. (or was it track 1). I have to say, it's true, the new release doesnt seem so bad the 2nd time round. In fact, I quite like tracks 4, 6 and 8. Love the song from 4. Can't remember what it's called now. Sunshine has been missing for two weeks now. Sunshine where oh where art thou?!!! FDI needs your rays to give him a tan. The other regular (whom I am acquainted with la) who was missing was the Lafarge fella.

I have visions of me falling on my knee and cracking me knee cap while doing that evasive sidekick thing, so I decided I better not risk it. I notice there are quite a lot of uncles and aunties in FDI's class, so I don't feel so out of place. FDI demonstrated the evasive sidekick and jumping kick with the litheness of a teenager....though it was only twice, once for each side...
He also loudly announced "I'll join you on your toes" for pushups.

There was a water problem, either a shortage, or pressure issue, so after the class, the showers and water coolers were reduced to a trickle, like a slow...... err never mind. This is where ahem, my "military training" came in useful. The ability to take a complete shower with a trickle of water. And I don't mean some buffalo kinda bath, this was a complete clean shower, even with hair wash.

On Sunday, the same malaise struck, but again, swallowing my anti gravity pill, I made my way for Body Step with 2nd FSI, in MJH. I have to say, MJH although is an old gym, has wonderful water pressure all the time.

I hadn't really formed much of an opinion of the new step release but was probably biased by Lionheart's remarks, and was expecting the worst, though I had attended the launch. Okayla, it's not that bad, apart from the Cha Cha in speed tracks. Any dance steps that require the slightest shaking of your bootie, or any other gyration, gives me the creeps, hence my aversion to that track, but otherwise, it's okay I find. I like the way track 2 merges into track 3 without me knowing, (I mean, the turn steps are a give away), but at the end of track 3, its nice to know, oh, finished track 3 oridi!!!! (coz it feels like one long track, 2+3).

Those triceps pushups on the board are tough. Quite like the cooldown. Meant to go walk kiara hills in the evening with the kids, but ended up in lake gardens only. Still, must have walked about 2km or so....have to force these kids to exercise....

16 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of all the new releases, BC i did only the one time only, BS oso once, BP once, BB once, RPM(which i lurve) twice. I havent even done BJ yet!
Havent been to gym much, was concentrating on training for the KL marathon. After completing the 42km yesterday(phew), i will be back, that is after i can walk normally again! hehehe

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

WOW, bow bow bow. Is the KL marathon over? for the veteran's category, ie, 40 and above, what is the distance and timing to get cert?

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U can compete la, so fit and always jogging in lake gardens. Yes, it was yesterday. Flag off was 4.30am, Dataran Merdeka, below the clocks.The distance for full marathon is 42.something something km. For all categories the maximum time to get the finishers medal and t-shirt is 6hrs.

There is also a half marathon, 21km where the cut off time is 3hrs and under-distances like 10km.

Different marathons have different maximum times. I think the Spore marathon has no time limit. Anyone who completes it gets the finisher's medal.

Don't laugh at me la, but i actually cried when i finished within the time limit!

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and to answer your quetion, yes you also get a cert which will show your timing.We are all chip-timed. A chip is loaned to us which we lace on our shoes laces and at start,10, 20, 30 and final km distances we step over a mat that records our times.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine...pui fook pui fook in joining the Marathon. My brotha in law (and his brotha) joined as well, and he finished everything in 2 hrs 15 mins. I was like WOW... Now that the Marathon is over, guess I shud c u again at MJH hor? I agree that the new RPM release is super, particularly the Nirvana Track 7...

FBB..welcome back...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

buahahahaha, sunshine, such unbridled sarcasm. " U can compete la, so fit and always jogging in lake gardens."

wah, lion, ur bro in law finished 42 km in 2ΒΌ hour ah? wow....the wai hoong lookalike right?

eugh, i dread having to go RPM.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB..yaloh Wai Hoong 2 leh. To prepare for the big day, he had to shed more than 4kg. Expected him not to turn up to the office for work 2day, or at least turn up today limping, but wah liau eh, he was purrfectlee fine. But then wat do you expect from a guy who runs up 30 or more floors of stairs in his condo, as his "jogging" routine...madness.. Eh...RPM nice leh..very very nice indeed..you will definitely enjoy the pain of it...hehehehehe

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, lion, will be seeing you around now that a big load of self-induced stress has been lifted of me....

aiya, i am very ordinary only la, so shy i dont even dare post my timing, a tortoise compared to those top runners. And i am walking like one now! ;)

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB...clarified with Wai Hoong 2 lah..he ran the half marathon i.e. finished 21km in 2 hrs 15 mins. The 42km wan is the Full Marathon. FYI, Elaine Boey took part in the Women's Full Marathon and came out No. 72 out of 320 odd contestants. I think she clocked around 4 hrs 50 mins or something like that. And our dear Mr. Robot (Loong Hin Tong) oso took part in the Men's Full Marathon, and finished 42 km in 4 hours and 2 mins..damn gud man.....

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi fbb.. at last looked for yr blog after many comments frm richard the lionheart. dont know much about marathons but will say tht I will miss hin tong's cls (tho i dont go for his cls specifically). he occasionally replaces the regular slots in the morn in MJH. guess yr blog will be my regular visits frm now on...
:-) donna....

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi Earth Angel, the undisputed Queen of MJH. I know u were lurking somewhere all the time, but so nice 2 c u finally appearing...

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

welcome, earth angel, we are honored to have the queen of MJH making an appearance.

lion, the real wai hoong also apparently did the 21km thingie. still no chance to go for the new RPM.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB...ooh..the real thing and the "clone" doing the marathon together...how sweet...

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB..guess what? Checked with my bro-in-law. Wai Hoong finished 5 places before him. Talk about proximity and "clones"....

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

ooh, apparently wai hoong was 16 minutes late at the start. who goes to a race late!!!!! it's like being late for your own wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home