Monday, March 05, 2007

Wine Before Combat

It was one of those lazy Saturday afternoons, lunch at a nice restaurant, a couple of glasses of wine, great food and company, that makes you want to roll up and nap like a python after....
Once again, I show my unwavering loyalty to FDI, I drag myself, combatting the forces of gravity to have LIFT OFF....

Truth be told, it might not be so much unwavering loyalty la, but more an abject sense of guilt of having done barely any exercise this CNY period. Okay, my goal is to shed 8kgs by 30th April. Anyone out there gonna cheer me on?

Sunshine was there, looking very weather beaten. I started coughing within minutes of talking to her, is it possible for a virus to be so swift and quick that it can be transmitted within minutes, AND manifest itself? Anyway, thanks a lot sunshine, for that!!!! I'm still coughing now.

Sidekick walked in late, I see he's still sporting his bob marley wannabe hairstyle. Must take a lot of shampoo. By the way, I heard Leon Lai has given up all his weekday classes, leaving him only with Saturday combat at the curve. Oh dear, I wonder how his grieving fans are coping with that loss.

Great sweat as usual. Class not as loud as it usually is, but not dead either. He made a boo boo in the muay thai, and gave a conspirational wink. But these divas execute mistakes without batting an eyelid, as if nothing ever happened. Very good. The conditioning was darn tuff, with loads of pushups, plank,.....of course I cant help but wonder at the convenient timing at which he gets up while the rest of us are planking, to give us some vague instruction and explanation.

Dont like that western cowboy song cool down.

10 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go FB! Go! Go! Go!

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

100 apologies....update on my sore throat..it turned into a fierce cough that resulted in me hardly sleeping last night...

so if u see me in manulife today, please avoid me like a pariah....so sad...

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon sunshine and good luck FB...8kgs? How many choc cakes ia that?
SC

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine...wishing you speedy recovery.

FBB...8 kg by 30th April. Ngor Ng Moi Poot Lang Sui Lah, but to lose 8kg in less than 2 months ah? Aiyoyo..Vellee Vellee unhealthy hor? Not only more GX classes for you, also less carbs, no sugar, definitely no choc cake, oreo cake or whatever from now on. I think you may need to cramp in 20 classes a week??? Yay yay yay, go FBB go....

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thks guys, see u all in manulife today?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

actually, guys, you may be suprised to know, but i hardly eat the cakes that i make, especially since i started selling them. i have eaten the oreo cake, i think i can count the number of times on one hand. seriously wor.

but yalar, the carbs etc...as it is we oridi eat brown rice at night, which i HATE...... what to do, cursed with the metabolism of a snail. twill probably take 2-3 hours cardio a day, plus severe dieting .... aiyo, i hope they dont carry me out on a stretcher.

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 cardio classes a week ah? Wah if you do BS & BC & BA every day, your knee joints sure koyak lah! No choice but to start flying and add some variety to the workout!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

urm...might I suggest weights for weight loss? And I don't mean pump, I mean actually using thye machines and the free weights? More muscle=higher metabolism...pump is still considered cardio, low weights, high rep mah.
SC

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger YOU! said...

I want to lose more weight too!!! :p more realistic la... min 2kg a month.... taking into account of how i LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVEEE to eat and me cutting down my classes + oustation trips.

I didn't cheat la! the newbies were arching and some were doing down dogs! during planks! have to correct ma! :p

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

haha, i didnt say you "cheated" lar dear chap. i'm sure the explanations were perfectly justified....

SC, alas, dun have that kinda discipline, some more have to be in that free weights area with all the preening gym peacocks. wait la, till i strike lottery, then i can afford personal trainer. maybe i should re-enrol in the army.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home