Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Gym, and Surprise Pump Visitor

It’s exasperating. Streamyx is acting up, and once again, I cannot blog. So since I have some free time on my hands, I’m preparing this draft on a word document.

Friday evening, after a long week, (and a public holiday the day before), I could feel the lure of the OSIM massage chair, but remembered its normal outcome, so decided not to yield to temptation, just before intended gym class. As at 6.10 or so, I was still in two minds as to whether or not I wanted to go and pump, though I vaguely recall telling Richelle during the durian ice cream rendezvous that I’ll be there. I dragged myself against the forces of gravity, and finally managed to have lift off. Yhsmom was just behind me, in the car park. While milling around the studio entrance, all of a sudden, a bright fluorescent green assailed my vision, and lo and behold, it was Leon!!!! It wasn’t his complexion that was green, like the Wicked Witch of the West, but his attire. Now, if FCI had seen the way my face lit up when I saw him, I am sure I’d have heard no end of it. It’s just that it was a pleasant surprise. Richelle announced that since Lionheart wasn’t around, we could all have a break. I think Lion was doing One Night In Bangkok…or a few nights…

I made the mistake of standing behind Leon, coz he’s tall, and it afforded me a full view of his posterior, and blocked my view of Richelle…. But it was nice to see him suffer though. Halfway during biceps, he apparently developed a finger cramp. Go figure. Also, I dunno what Richelle said that was so funny, I missed it, but our friend was keeling over with laughter…a ploy, I suspect, not to appear like he’s scivving his biceps track. Great class as usual. Richelle kept referring to Lap Cheong. (sausage). Just as a casual footnote, those who donno who Richelle is, well, she got that name coz she’s a cross between Riyo and Michelle…

OH, I forgot to mention, that on the Wilayah Day class, FCI for the first time made such an obvious choreo error…HAHAHAH!!! The man is not perfect after all. Plonk, he falls from the pedestal.

Saturday, THE CURVE. Whether I liked it or not, I’d have to make my way to the Curve, as I had to deliver something to sunshine. Earlier on, FSI called on Sunshine’s phone asking me to come for body step. Much as I would have loved to, I think these old bones cannot take Step and Combat back to back….despite the gym being equipped with Phillips Defribillators.

Leon arrived shortly after I did, and as usual, had no shortage of fans flocking to talk to him. Met some “secret identity” people, like KF, and Lilo. I donno how KF knew who I was, but she came up to me and introduced herself. I think it’s time to lose the goatie.

Despite being supposedly worn out and semi injured from Friday’s pump, he certainly chose some very exhausting tracks, like track two, which has the triple roundhouse and karate punch. By track 4, I was thinking, aiyo, only track 4 ah!!! About 30-40% of the tracks were similar to FCI’s class on Thursday, ….hmmm, what are the odds right. During the conditioning, Leon made a remark about the moves being very Jane Fonda. I could sense that maybe all of 2 people in the whole class apart from him, knew who Jane Fonda is. Sure enough, Sidekick has never heard of her.

All the usual faces there. Am getting to know more people as the weeks go by, so don’t feel so stranger there anymore. In any case, I no longer have a choice, for Saturday combat….as Nikeboy has left his Manulife slot of 3 years…so looks like I’m stuck at the Curve for now, for Saturday afternoons. Of course, if I opted for non combat classes, the choice would be wider.

HAHA, FDI told me this morning that his biceps were still aching, as a result, he had to sleep with his arms outstretched, like a T Rex. Aww, isnt that adorable.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cute! Are you sure T-Rexes slept with their arms outstretched though? I don't remember them slumbering in that way in "Walking with Dinosaurs"!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Injured t-rex or not, his yesterday late nite combat was just as energetic. Somemore so many people

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

sunshine, such dedication, following him from sunrise to sunset....

yhsmom, i dunno, but the very vision of it....so cute right!!!

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tne way you put it is so funny.Ya lor, the extent we go for our FI's...

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

hahaha! T-Rex Leon! Yesterday's Combat was pretty packed for a 9.45pm class about 23 pax. my arms were ready to die!!! talking on the mobile has never been that painful!

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FB: Our classmate "Newman" just remarked today that last Friday's class was so mild the Bicep track was just like the warmup we do normally when Lion's around!

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yhsmom...when you text me saying dat the class was very much easier, I immediately text Richelle and asked her wat happened..wai soh iseee ah. She gave me the list of tracks dat she did..ok mah, I thot. But she also commented if the tracks are any HARDER, Leon will surely kena. Eh Leon, I think dat meansd she has thrown down the gauntlet on you lah. Leon, you are being challenged. Hehehehehehehe..

Btw, yhsmom...to compensate for her relatively easy class last week, Richelle's class is definitely going to be a killer this week Friday MJH. She will be doing EVIL but fun tracks..muahahahahahaha..Newman will definitely like it.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

[bowing head and giving a silent thanksgiving prayer that I wont be around this friday]......brrrr

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB..talking of Nikeboy, came across the FF Singapore GX timetable. There was a "Kelvin" teaching BP and BC on the Wednesday 7.20pm and 8.25pm slots respectively, at the FF new club, The Cathay. I presume dat would be him ah?? If it is, wud like to c him in action for BP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home