Tuesday, February 06, 2007

He Wants To See Pigs Fly

That's what FSI said when the Line Dance Funk class started. Pointed me in the direction of the studio. Yar, right, you think so easy ah?!!! (to see pigs fly) He was also patting himself on the back for switching the class from Jam to LDF, as the numbers seemed to have soared.

But I am not here to talk about Jam or LDF. YI announced that he will be off to the land of the rising sun for a month, and FSI said that if he clears his pump on time, he'll teach. Now, won't THAT be a nice sight, hor Lionheart!!!! We must all absolutely make it a point to come for his inaugural pump. (yhsmom, take note).

I really admire those dedicated people who can pump iron on a regular basis. What is it? Is it sheer discipline? There must be some underlying passion involved as well. I dont think discipline alone is enough to sustain such a regime. I have absolutely NO passion for weights. The ONLY reason I do pump is to prevent too much sagging. The only worse thing than being fat, is being fat, flabby and have sagging breasts. It's better to have all the fat coagulated into one hard konyaku jelly texture.

So, that is why I still do pump. Not that I am toned by any yardstick, but I think it does help from preventing a total Jabba the Hutt composition. Baffles me how it doesn't get any easier. What I do find actually is, the first class after a brief hiatus IS actually slightly easier, but the class FOLLOWING that class, is where suffering begins. I dunno how people like Lion can do it daily. (instructors are different, coz they're young....even then, some of them are looking pretty charn)

YI's biceps track was particularly difficult, I found, as was the chest track. Dunno title of the song, but the biceps had these 8 bottom halves and 8 top halves, 3 sets of each, topped off by a generous dollop of singles...I felt like a T Rex myself after this class.

Actually, in this day and age, all these muscle flers are purely for show only, if you ask me. I'm not sure if ingesting heaps of protein to bulk up is healthy at all. I've seen protein pillows bulk up and shrink at the snap of a finger.... all these chiselled taufus; at least in the old days, there was USE for muscle, ...ploughing the land, killing your enemies with a sword, carrying stones to build the pyramids...don't think anyone in Menara John Hancock does these things.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely need to do weights. It keeps my butt fr sagging, my upper arms from flapping and my body from looking like a Michelangelo painting

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting use of muscles...some ppl still kill ppl with swords these days...i think they call it wushu....

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LDF is actually easier than BJ and great fun. A good intro for someone just "learning to fly"...

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB..hmmm..from your description of the choreo, I think I know which track dat is...it is the wan dat your ex-FCI did the "kamikaze" performance on. One of my fav biceps track.

Yhsmom...I saw the LDF class in action the other day, and it looks mighty scary to me...cannot shake bon bon lah...no bon bon to shake in the first place...hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home