Monday, February 26, 2007

Body Combat

Actually, body combat is a very apt term at the moment, for the body, at least mine, is trying very hard to combat the calories that have been mercilessly and mindlessly piled on in this week of culinary excesses. Buffet dinners, dinner banquets, even induced bulimia didnt help very much. The numbers on the scale moved faster than those numbers you see on those countdown timers for bombs. And you cant even choose to cut the red or green wire.

On Saturday, I started the day off most healthily, by going to jog with frog in Lake Gardens. Frog is a friend who works in Singapore, and everytime is town, calls me for a jog. Our timing is deteriorating, used to take 25 minutes to finish the circuit, now it takes 27 minutes.

Then, stupidly ambitious, I still made my way for Body Combat with my Favourite Diva Instructor. The familiar faces looked like they all just woke up from a 100 year sleep. Sidekick, who is now a qualified instructor, had hair like a wig!!! Sunshine too looked like she had just emerged from hibernation. Congratulations sidekick on being upgraded to main star from sidekick.

Hmmm, FDI's used the same warm up, and several songs from last week....which is fine by me. Darn good sweat, I just LOVE it when sweat rolls down your arms, soaking you in that saline solution. Feels so liberating. FDI also was doing his Body Balance clearance.....

Boy Robin came up to me asking for his angpow. Well, let me clarify my criteria for angpow giving. The recipient must be 1. unmarried, 2. unemployed, 3. a virgin. If you qualify, let me know. (its AND and not OR)

7 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, emerge fr hibernation nice and juicy....sigh...

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger shades said...

juicy? please explain...

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

plump and juicy...from imbibing and eating too much....

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe...I guess I'm juicy too then. And don't qualify to get angpow from FBB...che!
SC

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB..wah...your criteria damn tuff to qualify. Have to go to some hidden village to get such kind of potential recipients now lah. Anyway, will adopt your stance on giving ang pows. Definitely can save a lot,hoh? Hehehehehe.

Definitely feeling like a whale at the moment after all the heavy heavy eating in Sydney. And I have finally broken my rule on gymming during holidays. This time around, it was purely makan makan and makan, and I did not even have the time to make it to a single class at FF, nor any treadmill sessions. Originally wanted to go for BP and BS at FF Park Street at TGV ("The Galleries Victoria", and not "Tanjung Golden Village", as what wifey thot at first), particularly they had already launched the new Les Mills tracks. But then, felt so bloated from eating too much, and so pooped out from lack of sleep (my daughter is one late nite party animal leh), I just cannot bring myself to go to any classes. Dragged myself to Tony's BP and BS at SPK yesterday, and nearly died from it. So unfit now....sigh...but FULLY SATISFIED with the makan makan....heheheheheh

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello everyone,
so nice to hear that u all have a good holiday and eat alot..

and FBB i can get an ang pow from u leh..
i'm not married and still single and virgin.. hahahahahaha.

at least i got and ang pow in dubai given by a chinese member from china.. ok la i;m so happy..

take care guys and gals..
peter from dubai.. the land of sand

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Kryptonite said...

FBB,

I meet your angpow criteria lah - because, on top of the other 2 points, I'm unemployed right now!

Hee hee hee,
Faz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home