Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Body Pump Release 58

Errata from yesterday's post:

"...Gorgeous Woman, all the way from Hong Kong, who had incidentally injured herself doing splits, and was unable to teach."

It should actually read:
"...Gorgeous Woman, all the way from Hong Kong, who had TORN HER HAMSTRINGS while doing splits and stuff, and was unable to teach".

I was specifically instructed to clarify this lest I "make (her) sound like an old woman who doesn't know her limitations"

Gasp, who in their right mind would even think that!!!

Anyway, wishing you a speedy hamstring recovery, Wonder Woman!!!

More about body step on sunday. As I was saying, a regular stepper fell off the board. It's quite traumatic to see, especially when she hobbled away in pain.... made me wonder if it was such a good idea to continue with step at my age, when injuries take THAT much longer to recover from. Maybe I should stick with RPM, or lawn bowling. The new Body Step release is okay, though there are conflicting views about this. I quite enjoyed the party track.

Yesterday, went for Body Pump with Young Boy. Still haven't ascertained for a fact his age, but rumour has it that is is between a range of 17- early twenties. The enterprising young lad, whatever his age may be, managed to fit in all 10 tracks again, into a 45 minute class. Of course eating a little into the time slot of body jam. I truly do appreciate instructors who take such pains, when they really do not need to, to give members the maximum benefits for that time slot, and am definitely sold on this class for this reason, if nothing else. But, I have no complaints whatsoever, and by all accounts, it is an above satisfactory class. Oh, during the triceps track, I could have SWORN I heard the instructor call me by name, then was thinking, "nah, can't be, I haven't introduced myself before". Then it got me thinking, "...or have I? Can my memory be THAT bad?" "or did I just hear wrongly".

It turns out, later on, when I did intro myself, he said, yeah, I know your name....apparently FGXC, (the GXC of SPK now) had intro-ed me before. Wonder how people do that. "oh, he's that fat guy with glasses".....or, "aiya, there, that one la, the shorty, spec spec one, always stand in front".....if only walls could speak.

Elbow is still kinda painful, so upright rows are an effort. Must have looked absurd when I switched to donuts for that particular move.

9 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger yw[2k] said...

Yealor... Kesian GW... Speedy recovery yo!

And for Young Boy, I think he's turning 18 this yr? :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Happy Happy Day! Just left the physio, I am able to take longer strides today and am finally on the mend ie not feeling worse or same than day before!! Was even able to curl my left leg today!! Woo hoo! Baby steps.....

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I told you!
I know for a fact that he took his SPM last year so do the math!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger yw[2k] said...

They are getting YOUNGER and YOUNGER nowadays... My friend Ken is only 19!

And he has Jam classes every weekday!!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger yw[2k] said...

Oh yea, GW, next time we make sure that FB does the new Jam 38! I heard it's LATIN!!!!!!!!!! :D

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

re YOUNG BOY, omigoodness, I literally am old enough to be his father. Argh, I feel OLD OLD OLD. btw, yw[2k], yhsmom tells me that at 25 you are bemoaning how old you are oridi ah? aiyo, u dont even know the meaning of the word!!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yw: I was trying to get FB to do Unleashed because then he would be forced to Jam! But alas he didn't fall for that one!

FB: Re the age factor. I was just about to say that! In the other gym I go to I am actually one of the "younger" members but in FF I am old enough to be the instructors' mother!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

actually, its only in CLASSES in FF that i feel old...in the actual gym itself, heaps of aunties and uncles la. my old english teacher's husband used to do body pump...dunno what happened to him. and of course, now with all these young young instructors, my hairs are turning white without doing anything. i MUST say, to his credit, young boy does carry himself very well. very matured.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's true I only do classes anyway so never mingle with the uncles and aunties in the gym. I think in BJ I must be one of the oldest members. The BJ crowd is getting younger and younger! In other programs there's quite a good mix. Mind you the other day at the Extended Jam session there was an uncle who must have been in his 50s!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home