Thursday, May 18, 2006

Surprise Combat Replacement

When you revolve your life around attending group classes, it can get pretty stressful, trying to get to a class on time. As it happened, yesterday, I had intended to go for body pump, with that young hot momma, who also teaches RPM. But, the queue at the cash out counter at Metrojaya first day member's preview sale was soooooo long, and by the time I was done there, and collected my altered cheap pants, it was 4.25pm. Bearing in mind that class was 4.45pm, (yes, yes, I know it would seem like I don't work, but I just snuck off at 3pm to go for the MJ sale) I made another judgement error and didn't take the Kerinchi Link, which would have gotten me on time. In addition, my gym bag wasn't in the car, so anyway, after a nerve wrecking manouvering through the hills of jalan maarof, I decided I wasn't going to make it on time. Now, call me anal, but I can't get myself to just enter a class in track 3....mainly coz I don't want to risk injuring this fragile body because of no warm up.

So, no body pump. Then I thought, oh well, it won't kill me to do two combats in two consecutive days, afterall, in my younger days, I used to love combat AND DID do it even four days in a row. This is before the other GXs stole my love and affection. GXs, not GXIs. Wednesday combat was a slot that I religiously attended, before I got side tracked by RPM, and the occasional Body Squat. I was kinda looking forward to attending the combat class, but only to find out regular instructor wasn't there. I had just met the new GXC of MJH (that's Group Exercise Coordinator of FF Menara Manulife), aka Fearsome Squat Instructor, and had just congratulated him on his appointment. He mumbled something about being stressed by demanding members. Who, I wonder. Anyway, I in turn mumbled something about ensuring good combat instructor replacements.

To cut a long story short, the replacement instructor was Myke, hitherto apparently exiled from MJH for reasons unknown, but now back. To his credit, he has improved by leaps and bounds, and his propensity to sweat left a mini danau toba in front of his person. Mostly old tracks, which is refreshing, and the same cool down as FCI on Tuesday night, which is stand by me. I hate those cooldowns that assume you are a gymnast, and can do those stretches with legs spread open, and head touching the knee kinda thing. The other song that does this is Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word, by blue. The night before, FCI had actually pulled my hand so that I can stretch lower, which of course, nearly snapped my spine.

Good sweat. Class rating : 7/10
Previous day's class rating: 9/10 (minus one point for lack of oxygen)

I bet it'll be a matter of time before I get into trouble for rating classes.

4 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger PickYin said...

"He mumbled something about being stressed by demanding members. Who, I wonder."

... ehem, look at the mirror... since you are rating classes now. >)

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

heh heh. havent rated HIS class yet. anyway, yar, i think i shouldnt rate. can be a very sensitive issue.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger karynn said...

hi! nice 2 c u on d blogosphere again but now that u hav so many blogs, m confused which should i add on d links on my blog?????

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

aiya, just link the gym one lar, since that's the one that's updated most regularly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home