Thursday, May 25, 2006

Aargh Pee Em & FCI's Birthday

I figured that if I had one hour to workout, and wanted a really good sweat, I would choose to go for an RPM class. Not because I like it in any remote sense, but because it is just that, a darn good sweat. I am actually quite amazed at how the cool downs are really quite effective, because during the class, the aches I feel in my legs, knees, etc, are enough to convince me that I will be wheel chair bound the next day....but miraculously, whenever they say, let the toxins disappear, (during cool down), it actually does.

Since my usual Wednesday combat instructor wasn't teaching, I thought I might as well go for RPM. By the time I got into the class, at 6.25pm, there weren't many bikes left. Okay, the MJH studio is a mini concentration camp, and it does fill up rather quickly. No choice but to take the bike right under the instructor's nose. Herny is quite affable, so it's no skin off my nose to be under hers. As with all RPM classes that I ever attend, by the 2nd track, I am thinking, how can time pass so slowly. By track 3, sweat is dripping into every crevice and orifice of my body. I also notices that some people never touch the dial at all, ie, never increasing nor decreasing their intensity. Maybe they start at such a high intensity to begin with, there is no turning up.

Of all the cool downs in the Les Mills program, there is nothing quite as gratifying as an RPM cooldown. It's like sipping a beer at the peak of Mt Kinabalu, after reaching the summit. Not that I have, (sipped beer, or reached the summit of Mt Kinabalu).... but it doesn't hurt to have an active imagination.

After RPM, gym related activity continues with the birthday of FCI. A quiet affair, though judging by the mob of adoring fans he has on Fitness Fever, I could probably have auctioned off my seat at the dinner table for one of them to have the pleasure of his company. It was a pleasant evening, at Chillis, with FCI, and FCI's gf, and the kiddos. Happy Birthday FCI.



There goes the 50 minute RPM class.

3 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh? Wasn't FCI teaching his regular class at Amber's gym on Wednesday night?

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yar, he was teaching at amber's gym. met him after that lor, in the same building.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was very nice of you to become a replacement amongst the adoring female fans he has. is it your son's b'day too? didn't know FCI has a gf. how long?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home