Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Running Out Of Ideas

Maintaining a blog purely gym related, unless once ventures into that territory of self proclaimed gym gurus, like some blogs in town, is harder, MUCH harder than I initially thought. Firstly, one has to avoid any hint of criticism, of the instructors, regardless of how they may suck. Exposing oneself to libel just because of an exercise class hardly seems worth the effort. Then one also has to tread carefully, lest other things mentioned in a post is deemed offensive. Rating of classes is also out, because that would also constitute criticism, or praise. So, how?

As such, once again, the urgency to go to the gym has diminished, with the lack of impetus to write. However, I did drag my lazy ass to the body pump class on saturday afternoon, which is not one of my normal slots. Bumped into the new GXC for MML, who looked exceedingly stressed, and not his normal chirpy self. Best to stay away when people are stressed. Combat instructors can perform a variety of movements on you, to injure you. Pump instructors can whack you with the bar, balance instructors can ask you to do some contortionist pose, to break your back, step instructors can ask you to do repeators till you die, or squat till you poop, so I figure, it's probably best not to mess with these chappies.

Body pump. The instructor concerned has an Aussie accent thicker than a redneck in the outback. Chist proud, hips bet shoulder width, bar to the nipple loin....it was my first one hour pump class in a long time. For some reason, I just could NOT complete the lunges on my right leg. Usually lunges are a struggle, but I can complete them. Quite an enjoyable class, no complaints.

Yesterday was the usual combat with FCI. Decided not to stand anywhere within his line of sight, since he sniggers at me during the class, either imaginary or otherwise. The class was as usual, more crowded than an LRT after office hours, and the girl next to me was doing her kicks so high I was convinced at some stage I was gonna have my wisdom teeth knocked out, which is not a bad thing, as I need to get it surgically removed at some stage. Since it's the last week before the new launch, FCI did a lot of tracks from the last release, including that satisfying muay thai which involves punching the daylights out of your fallen victim. That was a minor orgasm of sorts. Who did I envisage I was punching? Ah, that's my secret.

Conditioning was his trademark Not Gonna Get Us, that notorious squat track. Cool down, Bohemian Rhapsody, which was initially greeted with a lot of opposition. Why, I dont know. It's a nice cool down. I realised the Combat version of this queen classic is censored somewhat. Probably due to a line that could be deemed offensive to a certain religion. Oh well, at least I am not the only one who has to be subject to censorship.

3 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger shades said...

Everyone is stressed out, at least till Miracle 2006 is over...

BTW, would you bid for Wes to attend Belly Dancing class?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger PickYin said...

"minor orgasm"??? ahhahahahahhhahhhhhhhhh!!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Alexander Lee said...

Wez? Belly dancing???

I'm putting down RM 200!!! Anyone else want to contribute???? Let's pool together.

(By the way,must have video as evidence)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home