Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Been Gymming Quietly

Ever since FCI's "disappearance", I've been rather lazy and have been finding all kinds of excuses to skip gym. I would rather opt for outdoor workouts, like Kiara, or Lake Gardens. Yes, the impact (of FCI) is surprisingly quite big.

Let's see, I did drag myself on Deepavali morning to pump with FPI, and I was SHOCKED at how CROWDED the class was. I expected a handful of sleepy looking people, but noooo, I almost didn't get a spot! Very gung ho everyone was, and it was a darn good workout too. As I was also detoxing from a debaucherous weekend of Oktoberfestavali drinking & eating, it was good to get the toxins out of the system. I was surprised that Lionheart was not there.

On Wednesday, I thought I'd go once again for Leng Lui, Jakarta Jan's combat. Still on the new release, which I've only done ONCE, at the launch. I wonder if FCI will teach it when he returns. The new release burns at places that I didnt know could burn. All those squats in the middle of the class....great stuff. Great sweat too. That Wednesday class isn't as crowded as in the days of yore, when that Mat Salleh fler, Justin, was teaching, and subsequently taken over by FCI. Then FCI gave up the class and was replaced by Alvin Phey, aka The Sistine Chapel, coz his whole body seems to be covered with Art. Then I lost track of the plot.

On Friday, I thought I'd do a Body Step, and twas Bryan teaching. Followed by Ben S for Body Pump, and I thought it was Mr Cool, but according to Lionheart it wasn't. Gosh, how misleading can the schedule be. Ben S.... !!! Such hopes dashed. According to Lion, it is unlikely Mr Cool would be appearing in Manulife anytime soon. Drat.

The step class was very pumped. Not bad, had a great workout.... but that tribal dance track 10 with that very fast shuffle on the board....CANNOT POSSIBLY be good for the knees. Apparently the Mr Ben S in the following class is Sunshine's favourite...

And that brings us back full circle to Monday, yesterday, when FPI was being assessed by Crystal, GXC of Manulife. I expected an easier class, but heck, no such luck. With the embargo on new release lifted, it was like free game, and he picked difficult tracks. Arms could have fallen off after shoulders.

So what to dooooo today!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should update more!!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

but no one reads....

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB....Exsqueeze me? We have all been reading your blog lar, hoping for latest updates all the time. Definitely you have a lot of readers out there. Anyway for your information, now that your FPI is free on Friday evenings, Crystal has already told me she will get him to replace Richelle's killer pump on Fridays, if ever she is not available to teach wor. So you should make your appearance more on Fridays then. And oya...Ben Sow is definitely Sunshine's darling.

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, we are reading. :)

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah, thanks for the encouragement, ling and lionheart...

aiya, i dun think i can tahan FPI's class twice a week leh...need someone more "soon"...(gentle). i think i will try sunshine's darling.. (hahah, that sounds so wrong) this friday. how come sunshine dont go one?

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB...so you will be there for SD's (Sunshine's Darling) class this Friday? I will be there, and thereafter heading for Eric's rpm challenge. Join me for both lar. Yahor...this Sunshine should support her darling. Will ask her to be there...hahahahaha!!

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah, wah, since when do i have a darling in the gym, hehehe....
Ok, ok...i go....

Be kind, guys....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home