Monday, September 08, 2008

Popping My Vive Cherry

Finally, I did it. One doesn't plan these encounters. Contrary to the popular notion that you should save yourself for that one special person, I've more or less popped my Les Mills cherries in rather random fashion. Let us recap :

Body Combat - I am not sure who it was, but the first instructor I REMEMBER, was Ben Sim. (Mr Cool)
Intermediate Step - Kim Boey
Body Step - Kim Boey (by default, coz something wasn't working for free step, either the pitching or the cd or something, so she gave us a Body Step class instead during the free step...talk about accidentally popping your cherry!!)
Body Pump - Lisa Jones - the memory is still vivid in my head
RPM - Wes and Eric. (I was saving myself for Shades, but Wes lured me while I was in the changing room....and it was the first day of the Manulife RPM Studio opening)
Advance Step - Peter The Great....although technically, he didn't finish the job, coz I left the class halfway coz it's so bloody hard. The class, I mean. And PTG looks damn fierce one, if he doesn't smile. Like a stern school marm.
Body Balance - Yes, once upon a time, I used to attend Julia's 4pm class on Sunday quite religiously.
Body Attack - Hmmm, I am not sure, but I think Jacqueline (Gorgeous Woman) was involved. I remember where I popped it though, it was at Axis, at the launch. I vaguely remember Shades being there, filming the thing. Who were teaching?

And now, drum roll, Body Vive....... PETER THE GREAT!!!! And what a great class it was too. I popped my cherry with Stephanie watching too, as she was shadowing PTG. They very kindly kept asking me, almost every track, if I was alright. Yes, PTC (Popping the CHerry) can be painful, and boy, who would have thought that tube thing can be so evil. That hip track is almost like S&M! Actually, my hips were already aching after the warm up.

The MUSIC!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO MY ERA!!!! It's like being transported back in time. Billy Joel's River of Dreams, Village People's In The Navy, the music I have to say is simply awesome. I was the only guy in the class though. There was enough estrogen in the room to make my man boobs increase to a D cup. Saw a few faces I haven't seen in eons, ladies my age, mostly Tai Tais whom I'd meet when I was young(er) and enthusiastically attending lunchtime classes.

Yeah, those ball exercises are kinda cool. A bit too dancy for me, some of the tracks, but one wonders if that was coz of PTG on stage. That tube resistance training is great!!! Painful, but syiok.

Alas, I hear that he was but replacing the class. That's quite okay though, coz the permanent instructor is Boy Wonder, so should be fun too. I am definitely a Vive convert, especially if I can skip the dancy bits.

Meanwhile, I received an sms from FSI on Saturday night, saying, "simply lose your virginity....sigh". Hahah, well, I told him I will save my Body Jam virginity for him.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger shades said...

If you want to know who popped your attack cherry...

http://shadesizcool.blogspot.com/2005/11/attacking-axis.html

You do know now there's no way I get to pop you anymore, don't you?

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

GUFFAWWWWW......shades, awww, such nostalgia. hugs hugs. i may not have lost any cherries to you, (gosh, another one where peter the great was involved!), but you know you are very dear to me right?! there IS always body jam, and who knows what programs les mills will come up with next. tell you what, why dont you and FSI team teach body jam, and i'm let you jointly pop my jam cherry.... or is that cherry jam... i'm confused now.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Janvier said...

Does FSI teach Jam? :s

We remember our first Combat was with Calvin! And RPM was with Jacqueline! Can't remember the rest for the life of us tho'.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo, it was me, Riyo and Jeremy la. How could you forget? Didn't it mean anything to you??!!! ;-)

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

hahha, GW, yes yes, when i saw the pics on shades blog, it came back like floodwaters breaking thru a dam. peter the great was there too, by the looks of it.

janvier, wow, this must be before jacq hung up her rpm shorts. FSI dont teach jam.... i'm saving myself for him for when he does.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB....I wud lurvvve to be there when you do your maiden jam class!!! Hehehehehehe!! By then, pugs can fly right? Until now, I have only managed to complete one jam class, i.e. did all the tracks, in my whole life. Whose class? That honour is still held by GW!! Subsequently tried Riyo's class...bundled out after 3 tracks. Leon's class...hmmmm...managed to do 6 tracks only. When he said "press the sexy button" (for the PCD track), he had lost me already. Hahahahaha!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger yw[2k] said...

FBB! You must join BodyJam one day! :P

You must complete all your Les Mills programs! Like we all did during the Miracle 2008 RUSH Challenges!

:P

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yw2k and lion...hahah, you will be duly informed on that day when pigs fly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home