Monday, June 23, 2008

There Can Be Miracles...When You Believe


Yeah, I think the greatest miracle of all was that I managed to drag by butt to the Curve in the sweltering heat, AND actually SIGNED up for a class as well, which cost RM50. The option was to send the 100 cupcakes I had agreed to bake for the volunteers, to Leon and ask him to bring it to the Curve. I have to admit curiosity got the better of me.

The canopy was a lot smaller, I think, than the one set up in 2006. Half the class had to stand under the sun. I arrived just as Body Step was about to begin, and all my favourite people were queuing up to go on stage...ie, FSI, Gorgeous Woman, Macho Nippon Lady Instructor, Kenny. Obviously it was too late to join that class.

FSI looking good there. At least he's not so anorexic these days.


Very agile hor, these women.


Selling tickets in their bright orange T Shirts were the young flers, like Young Wolf, the legendary Osman Sany, (who has been my scrabble kaki on facebook for the longest time now, but have never met till today), Michael, (who also I see lots of pics of, but never met), Simon, etc. Decided to take the plunge, and bought one ticket. Lionheart apparently bought 16 booklets. Now ain't that a big heart. He should have passed me one.

For some reason, they didn't have the lucky draw for the Combat class, which incidentally, together with Jam, cost RM50 whereas the other classes a mere RM30. Why I wonder. The "star studded" cast lined the stage, FCI, No 1 in Tianjin, Shades, Renee, Peggy, Don the Thai guy, some Thai chick, and Kung Fu Panda, who yhsmom labelled my "flavour of the month".

Renee kicked off the class, followed by FCI. Then Peggy took over, followed by Thai chick, and Don, and closure by Tianjin. By the time Combat started, the heat wasn't so bad. Managed to get a drink of Leon after track 8, who was watching at the sidelines. Overall, it was a highly spirited class, no lack of screaming, and shouting. With NINE instructors on stage, I guess the energy levels had to be high.



I thought GW looked a lot like Sandra Oh from Grey's Anatomy...

It's quite amazing that Leon is so nimble, can actually reach out his leg laidat and reach his toes!!! Impressive.


Anyway, I guess it was RM50 well spent. It's nice to see all the familiar faces.... kinda amazing how fast time has flown, from that first Miracle in 2006. Back then I didn't even KNOW Leon Lai yet.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Janvier said...

We've seen Leon do a split in Jam. Very nimble, he!

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typo spotted! Haha!

Hey you missed out Richelle on the BS team and Janis on the Combat team!

Leon is multi talented wat... Saw a really dashing picture of him on Eric's blog

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh? what typo?

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Managed to get a drink of Leon after track 8, who was watching at the sidelines."

Ooh yeah!!!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

legendary?? *blush*... i'm a lousy scrabble player lah!!! whose turn issit anyway? YOU KH?!?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home