Thursday, October 09, 2008

Giving him my Combat 37 Cherry...

Because he loves me so much, I KNEW I would get an sms that looked like this.

Truth of the matter, I WAS intending to make it to the mini launch (launches in Manulife are not as glam as in the other centres, I feel) and even made plans to leave work early to get my baking orders out of the way.

I don't understand WHY they have to change the TIMING of classes, esp on a weekday, for a launch. Afterall, for all intents and purposes, it is a normal class, so why the need to shift the timing. As a result, I got another sms at 5.24 saying,
"The cake is taking longer than it should huh?"

I was gonna reply, Sigh, ye of little faith, as I was actually about to leave. I was thinking, the class is at 5.40 pm ma, plenty of time. To my dismay, as I walked in at 5.35pm, and looked up, I saw that tall girl doing some muay thai knees, and thought to myself, Hmmm, that CAN'T be body pump . (the class preceding combat on Wed is pump)

Anyway, I quickly hastened my steps and entered the class, (which wasn't very full, and by the looks of it, a few others were also caught unaware of the timing change), .... and I have to say that Shades looked genuinely pleased to see me. AWWW, how sweet.

So yeah, Jakarta Jan was already midway into track 2... without a warm up etc, I was completely disoriented and took a while to get into the swing of things. The new release seems rather intense, very quick and continuous movements. The back kicks weren't in track 6, but track 4 I think. That conditioning track that reminded me of Tatu (Not Gonna Get Us) seemed to have made its way into Track 6, with lots of squats and lunges. Hmmm, I wonder how does one Squat away your oppenents.... maybe it's, hangon, I gotta take a crap...on a squat loo.

Muay Thai track I think has 64 knees on each side. But apart from that, it wasn't too bad.

Overall not a bad release. Quite interesting. There's a movement which Sunshine likes apparently, where you open your legs and kick...(actually you move your knee in circular motion to block, and then kick)...I told her, yeah, sounds like something women would like hor...open legs then kick...

I like the cooldown song. Shades likens cooldowns to dessert after an 8 course meal. This is not a bad dessert.

Well, I enjoyed the class. Both Jakarta Jan and Shades make a great team, lots of energy, even with the limited numbers.

Haven't been doing much else in the gym. Been pumping with FPI, (the new one), been missing combat, (eve of Raya, had a dinner, and this Tuesday, FCI wasn't teaching).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home