Friday, October 05, 2007

Cult Instructors

I think someone in their haste, while adding their comments, anonymously, put a comment in the wrong post. Probably alluding to the previous post about Leon and his doppelganger, anonymous wrote :
One chubby. One thin. What resemblance are you talking about?

Ouch. But the comment was misplaced, in a previous post about 3rd week of new release.

So, see, FCI, not EVERYONE loves Leonidas.

Speaking of loving instructors, apparently the Star is doing a feature on Cult Instructors. They should make it into a series. Weekly interviews. Actually, Shades at one stage was interviewing famous instructors, whatever happened to that. Maybe with the types of questions he asked, no one wanted to answer.

Well, Tuesday combat, great as usual. The class was SLIGHTLY emptier than usual, which was good, coz that meant we could move about without fear of getting kicked accidentally. FCI seems to have stopped making any more funny remarks about Leon, or Leonidas, and has reserved his comments for the comments section of blogs. How sad. Well, but I guess its high time he showed more lurve for the class instead of obsessing about Leon.

Back to the old tracks. Megs said, "don't you just LOVE old tracks". There is a sense of familiarity about the old tracks, in that same way we derive comfort from familiar things, such as brands of cereal, 70s music, and favourite kopitiams.

Class was great as usual, culminating in the dog peeing conditioning, and ending with Andrea's I Believe, which always warrants a BRAVO at the end.

On Wednesday, I was actually heading for RPM. And popped my head in to see Sidekick (now no longer a sidekick, but a star on his own right) teaching combat. Bumped into FSI outside, who INSISTED I come for step. He said I could leave after track 10, as I had to leave by a certain time, hence RPM, which ends earlier. Boy, did I regret that decision.

By track 2, I was EXHAUSTED, which is never a good sign. The class seemed to take an eternity, and at 7.25, I was wishing I was at RPM, coz at least that would have been ending. I was truly truly exhausted, and thought I might collapse. Dunno why. Out of practice probably.

8 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I havent seen Dad in Sat combat for yonks now... looks like Leonidas's chart is looking very similar to Shades's chart, ie, non-existant!

Unlike, Maximus's, which is still riding high!

(sigh! it's hard to be a parent these days when you have so many talented and good-looking sins!)

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, typo, sons, i mean. hahaha

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting real Leon Lai fact. Leon Lai has a tendency of gaining weight if he doesn't watch his diet. In fact at one point before he entered showbusiness he was close to 200lbs!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine...ooohhh...I prefer your original version.."sins"....soooo mysterious and yet so devillish...hahahahaha

yhsmom...you talking about our dear I-POD or the real Leon Lai here ar? I vaguely remember seeing photos of I-POD in his early days before he entered showbiz, err, I mean the world of gymming....oso chubby-wabby as well. Hmmmm...looks like the similarity doesnt stop at looks only...

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was referring to the real Leon Lai Ming la! You are right our I-POD Leon was like that too!

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha lion, cannot create too much controversy la!

Did YI's pump in manulife yesterday, he replaced Sue P. I can understand why he has such high lurve ratings! :p

The parallels in the Leons are uncanny, yhsmom.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the rate Ah Boy is going, he & his "dad' will have to go for family counselling! He's becoming as paranoid as Princess Diana!

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine....ya..JPS's (ex-YI) cls r sometimes unbearably tuff but fun lar. "Daddy-O" definitely adores him big time....

yhsmom....Hahahaha...I like the Princess Diana bit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home