Tuesday, September 04, 2007

These Weary Old Bones....

I think if I were to take those tests that determine your biological age versus your chronological age, I won't fare very well. Probably 65 vs 41. Two weeks of absence from Body Pump has rendered me limp as a weeping willow in winter. And it doesn't excite me in the least that YI has declared at almost EVERY track, that the new release is going to be MUCH harder. Does Les Mills choreograph the new releases on the assumption that everyone has been following them since inception, and like a first grader, progressively make their way towards university? I pity those new comers who come, and are exposed to flying evasive sidekicks, those nasty triceps movements, what are they called? The one that debuted in the last release? Apparently lots of them this new release. Sigh, but I guess most newbies are young, so they can cope.

I find that of all the classes, the one when time seems to creep at snail's pace, is Body Pump, followed VERY closely by RPM. It seems like an eternity. Anyway, I was thankful for small mercies, such as the fact that Lionheart WASN'T there yesterday, which meant YI wasn't obliged to kill the rest of us with killer tracks. After a two week hiatus, a Lionheart skewed class might have rendered me in traction.

Although I haven't been blogging regularly, I suprisingly haven't done too badly last week. On Thursday, lunchtime, I managed to attend FSI's body step. He must be feeling the lurve by now, I've been attending his class quite regularly. Last Saturday, then Thursday, ...his lurve chart must be thru the roof. I don't even see FCI with such regularity.

FSI's class was exhausting as usual, and a great lunchtime workout. Leaves me starving the rest of the day, and makes me feel like I need to constantly forage for food.

On Saturday, IPOD wasn't teaching in Curve, but instead was teaching in Manulife, at 6pm, nikeboy's old slot. His Curve slot was taken up by some chick doing her video certification. So ya, suited me fine, save RM10, by not making that long trek to the curve. Sunshine was there, with her sister, (whom I have seen before, and thought was an instructor), and although it wasn't terribly packed, it was a great class as well. Very intense, 45 minute class. I love it when sweat starts to drip down your arms. It's such a wild, liberating feeling, as if you are a gladiator fighting lions. Oh, speaking of gladiators, there was this mean fighting machine at the back the class, who looked like a boxer cum wrestler kinda thing, BUT, snigger, his timing was more off than a MAS flight schedule. And then, in the male changing room the guy doused himself with what must have been half a bottle of cologne, effectively fumigating the entire men's room. Cough cough choke choke....why do people DO that.

On Sunday, talk about motivated, I also went for 2nd FSI's class. I find his classes thoroughly sapping. And his track 10, must be the longest track 10 ever. The knee repeaters, and the skiing, and the over and over, just never seemed to stop!!!

And I just heard from Sunshine that FCI is launching the new release in Axis on Saturday at 4.30pm. Ipod at Curve, or FCI at Axis. Choices Choices. Axis would be cheaper though. No toll, free parking.

21 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger shades said...

Sat 8 Sept
Axis : Crystal & FCI

Sun 9 Sept
SPK: FCI and Swee
Curve: Renee and TianJin#1

of course 8 Sept IOI has a launch but there's no one significant for you to go that far... :P

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shades...where got no one at IOI wor? There is Richelle and Boy Robin for pump and Macho Nippon Lady Instructor and Richelle for BS right? Am contemplating going to IOI versus SPK, where they have Wenisa and Nick Heng for pump...hmmm

FBB...I think the painful tricep moves you are talking about is the pullovers. Yup, heard they have 10 of those in the new release. From what I have heard, nearly everything are killers...pump, step and rpm, with the exception of ahem....combat....I have to see that.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger SC said...

Aww...oor Shades, not feeling the lurve? Don't worry, BH might follow you..follow you wherever you may go....

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger shades said...

lionheart, you sure know your launches very well!!

shanti: yeah, gimme some lurve...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

shades, actually serena personally invited me to make the trip to IOI for the launch.... are you not launching anything there?

lionheart, yalar, pullovers. i can never remember these terms.

sc, i'm sure you and bernsy are giving him loads of lurve right? he's in good hands.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we do have that killing tricep blaster in BC33 too. paiiiinfullllll !

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB...yalor...Serena oso extended invitation to me to go for her launch classes in IOI, AND Wenisa on the other hand, asking Jennifer to go to SPK for hers...alamak. Guess for me, the pin will drop where your FSI is launching his step...I think it is SPK, am I wrong? So you going ar? Am very sure our dear Shades is launching BC33 at IOI? That is his "Tei Khau" mar....So show some llllurrrvvveee then...hahahahahahaha

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger SC said...

Lion, PTG launching in SPK..so he said last friday. Yea, finally made it to his class!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger shades said...

Yeah, I'm launching BC in IOI, with Peggy & Jason... plus Renee and also FCI as special guest appearance(though FCI hasn't confirmed with me yet... better text him then!)

Come la then, FBB... I'll pretend your lurve is for me anyway...

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SC...no lar...PTG having BP 12.00 noon at Maxis. Teoh and Eugene are launching BS at SPK, right after Wenisa/Nick for BP. Looks like SPK, here I come...

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger shades said...

SPK is Sunday,

IOI is Saturday....

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger M@njAkid said...

Lion heart/FBB: Come lah spk. Attack, pump, jam, n step. hehehehhe

SC: Shades's been showing his 'direction' change these days, tell BH to be careful oh.... :P

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manja u farnee la!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

GUFFFAWWWW, HAW HAW HAW....now now, that is a very serious allegation manja. are you speaking from first "hand" experience?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger SC said...

Hmm..is that why Shades pinched BH's bum yesterday? Hands off dude! The "not-so thin-guy" is MINE!Hehehehe

Ya ka Lion? Darn..

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manja....kekekekekekekeke..Shades changing direction ar? How juicy!! Pinched BH's bum pula...hahahahaha.

SC...Have never heard this piece of news b4, but it is juicy enuff to lighten up my day...hiahiahia. Ya...hang on to your man.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger M@njAkid said...

FBB: hiaks! NO!!!

SC: Get 'his' hands off 'his' butt! :P

Lion: Beware of the hands! LOL

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo Manja such old news la this Shades turning pink story...

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yhsmom....yalor hor....Shades has been having these inner calls brewing for quite a long time, but thanks to Manja, he is "liberated" now!!!!! Yay!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice that Manja is now "out and proud" as a blogger instead of hiding in the closet like before

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger M@njAkid said...

kinda free.. hush hush..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home