Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lurve Isn't Measured By Graphs

Further to this poignant, heart wrenching post by Shades, I think, upon further reflection, and self searching, and deep thought, and meditation, short of attending a Body Balance class, Lurve is not measured by graphs. Shades, (to the tune of that Willie Nelson Song)

Maybe I didn't travel
All the way to Puchong as I should have
Maybe I didn't pump with you
Quite as often as I could have
All the toll I should have paid, but none
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't text you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I shoulda called you
Though you're no longer FPI,

If I made you feel second best
That's coz you abandoned manulife
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

[in loud straining soprano]
Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me, give me one more chance to keep you satisfied, satisfied

Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind


Now that we've got that out of the way, ...

Combat. Certain as the sun, rising from the east, ...that inevitable question. Is You Kok Hoe Coming? How the duhhhh would I know. And in the class, Certifiable Steve asks me, "where's my papa?". As in his papa. ie, Lionheart. Guffaw, snort chuckle. Lionheart, congratulations on your new self appointed offspring. Where WERE you anyway? Of course FCI was most distraught that you weren't there, and kept muttering the class wasn't the same.

Anyway, during the warm up, FCI apparently made a boo boo. Wow, is that even possible? I wasn't really paying attention, so didn't realise it, hence "apparently". It was in the 2nd half of the warm up, when it was supposed to be front kicks before roundhouse set up (in that song, IF I WERE YOU, which he announced he chose for someone special, who wasn't there), so the class heckled him....

The rest of the class was great, as usual. Very energetic, although missing Lionheart's regal presence in the front. The fler almost slipped on some wet patches but again, I think being younger and more agile, he managed to avoid slipping and injury. Conditioning song, Sound of the Underground, was awful. That is one of the pushup sets that I cannot finish on my toes.

The cooldown song, Du Hast, is only ever done by FCI. It's almost as if its made for him to showcase his sharp blocks and kata movements.

7 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, i didn't know you are such a talented song lyric writer.

Shades(what a well-lurved boy!) should be estatic to have a song tailored for him, much like a bespoke suit.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha..guffaw. Your song really takes the cake lar. This is so much better than a lurve graph. Shades, you should be vellee vellee happy by now. While FCI and IPOD had a graph to show, you are the only one FBB took the trouble to pen/adapt a song to.

Certifiable Steve aka Maniacal Jack Black? Moi his "papa"? Shudder!!! This is so damn scary!!!!

Missed FCI's class...caught in meeting until late into the night.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sweet FBB!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's just hope that some other instructors won't claim their lurve from FBB too. else, the goodself will have to create a lurve poem... keke

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Clap! Clap! Clap!
Will this be the start of a new trend I wonder?

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny.. i loved your post. keep up the "good" work.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger SC said...

Shades has "composed" an ode himself..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home