Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Last Minute Combat

Wasn't going to go for combat, but a last minute sms made me change my mind. In a way, it's good to have a guilty conscience prodding you, be it by sms or by divine telepathy, to go and workout when you're feeling lazy, and just want to morph into a couch potato.

Because it WAS really a last minute decision, I arrived at 6.45 sharp, according to my watch. The clocks in the gym are not synchronized, it's like entering a different world there, with different time zones. The clock about the juice bar showed 6.42pm, whereas the one in the studio was 6.45, and the one in the changing room, 6.47pm. As usual, FCI's class was full, and this time, my plaintive looks of desperation did not move the young lady who was taking registration, as I stood outside nose pressed up against the window pane.

Something like the picture above....

I might be putting myself in jeopardy here, and be hauled up by the disciplinary committee of the gym, but one of my pals from inside, who was standing near the door, beckoned me to come in, and when I didn't, he actually opened the door and dragged me in. So I was coerced. But anyway, after that, the girl must have decided there was actually more space, and decided to allow a few more ladies in. Actually, there was space. But it did get a bit tight at track 5, for the groupie track, forming a circle.

A mix of old and new tracks, with my favourite muay thai that reminds me of my ex FCI, Wai Hoong. Couldn't stay for conditioning, because had to rush off for dinner, but as I was entering the changing room, I caught a glance of this chap, who gave me a brief look. It didn't click at first, but after the steam cleared in my brain, (from all that heat...not the other kinda "steam"), it dawned on me who the chappie was. Immediately I went out again to greet the Young Wolf. He seems like a very pleasant chappie, and looks a bit younger in real life. Or is it older? I can't quite place my finger on what it is that's different about him in real life and in his blog pic. He said he recognised me from the goatee.... which is currently growing. (these days I shave it off and grow it back, and throw random tests at my other half to see if she notices whether its there or not). Nice to meet you, finally, YW[2K]. In view of the fact that I nearly didn't go, I'd say it was a rather serendipititious meeting.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young Wolf looks younger, slimmer and handsomer in real life!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yar, but i didnt want to say lar, lest ...you know....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home