Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Think We Will Rock You Is the Most Brutal Pushup Track

Because I had to make brownies for 300 kids, for Vacation Bible School in church, I was almost late for Body Combat....thankfully, its not as stressful as the good old days when Cerberus guarded the doors to that hallowed hall, and when getting onto the registration list was like getting onto Schindler's List.

Got in just in time for the left side upper body warm up. Standing in the front, in a Dreamgirls like trio, were Lionheart, Yhsmom and Sunshine. Anyway, after track 1 they beckoned me to join them in the spotlight spot, but I have always been averse to unnecessary attention, being exceedingly shy, though no one believes me.

I knew it was going to be a good class. All his props were in place... his inspiration, the Lionheart, his loudspeaker, Certifiable Stevie, guest appearance by Yhsmom, his normal adoring fans...Track 4 was a particularly old track I think, coz it neither had Jingas, nor Jump Kicks. Track 5 was great, lots of speedballs, which I like. Track 6........oh gosh, bring back the Shanghai Phoenix please!!!! That shimmying Jinga that she does so well, FCI tried to get into the groove.... well, good attempt, but a far cry from the Phoenix. Somewhere along the way, of course I heard FCI make a reference to IPOD. I was too far away to decipher what was being said.

Conditioning track, We Will Rock You. I think this is the most brutal pushup tracks that I can think of. Slow pushups, upper halves and in many many reps too. I used to be able to finish one rep (before the first stretch) on my toes, but as age catches up, like the police did with Hindraf, .....it was tough even finishing the first set. For that matter, I don't know whether it was coz he COULDN'T do it, or chose not to do it, but FCI also got up halfway in the 2nd set and started giving that "instructor look about" to see who was doing what. Convenient. But of course, being a young, strapping lad, I have NO doubt that he can easily pull it off. What surprises me is all these chiselled young lads who CAN'T seem to pull it off. I have espoused the theory of Chiselled Taufu many times, so I shan't repeat it. Suffice to say, the youth of today.....hmmm, roll eyes. Oh, when FCI asked if we wanted an easy or hard conditioning, I had to say HARD of course, for Lionheart. It wasn't meant to rhyme, but I think FCI thought I was trying to be smart (and announced it to the class)...HARD and HEART aren't exactly rhyming words.

Monday's pump with YI was sheer torture, mainly because my last pump class was 10 days ago.

8 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great class yesterday. Feels like a reunion....

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think for me it was a reunion between my bum and the floor during the tricep dips....hee hee hee...

Fz

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Had so much fun! Laughs all the way! If IPOD aka Leon Lai had been there it would have been a perfect class!

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time i stood in front with you guys, it was fun, a lot of fun!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Janvier said...

Sorry, we were late - by the time we would have reached Manu we'd have missed half the class (and we normally assume he'll play nearly the same tracks on Tuesday as he would Monday).

Shall try for next week!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

janvier, yalar, was hoping to meet you. who is "we" by the way? or are you one of those who refers to yourself as a "we", like the queen of england?

sunshine, yalor hor, the sunshine broke through the clouds and was right in front.

yhsmom...oooooooh, "If IPOD aka Leon Lai had been there it would have been a perfect class!"....you saying FCI not perfect enough?

Fz, triceps dips are particularly hard for me, coz you literally carry your entire weight on those two twigs....

lionheart, yeah, can see the difference in FCI's radiance when you are in the class. when you not there, it's like a bulb without enough electricity.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB....hahahahaha!! I think with IPOD there, FCI would have had an orgasm!!!

Sunshine....what did I tell you before? You need no introduction leh, you breathe sunshine into everybody!!!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Janvier said...

Yo FBB, we thought we heard FCI say he's not going MJH on Tues, then he says he is in the locker room...ish sometimes cannot trust his mouth one lah. Shall drop by lah in any case.

We're just us. Yes. Queen of England without the accent and the pointy nose in air. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home