Monday, June 25, 2007

Anyone Here Done The New Release?

It's good to have FDI back after a long hiatus. He's been jetsetting, as usual. Wasn't even at the Miracle 07. Sadly, none of the usual familiar faces (except Lilo) were there at that Saturday class. Sunshine apparently has a minor slip disc, Sidekick, well, I've not seen him since he became an instructor himself, at that class, so I felt rather lonely. It is sheer dedication and loyalty that brings me back to the Curve for FDI, to a class full of strangers.....

Anyway, after such a long break, I was rather looking forward to some bloopers on stage. He had Lillian up there shadowing with him, to mitigate any serious disaster.... His first question was, "Has anyone here done the new release"? I swear I saw a gleeful grin when no one put up their hand. I have, of course, done it, but I wasn't about to draw any unwanted attention in my direction. The warm up started off without any visible hitches, (Lillian is a really smiley instructor, I just noticed), and track 2 was okay too. By this time, I was getting a bit disappointed that there had been no major boo boos. Then, track 3 started, with the correct cueing, "Left foot forward", but I think he forgot that that cue was meant for us, not him, sniggggggerrrrrr. But like all great divas, he didnt bat an eyelid, and selamba only, switched it back to the correct side....I doubt anyone would have realised.

Then came the Jinga!!!! What a riot. As it is I am already confused, ..... well, I don't know how quite to put it delicately, without implying that's he was suffering from temporary amnesia. Heh heh.... but, as I said, diva being divas, they recover from their bloopers with a graceful smile, like that of a benevolent dictator's wife handing out food to the peasants.

I cant remember what other tracks were eventful, but it was a darn tiring class. Added with the fact that the last gym session I had was FCI's class on Tuesday....(boy I am really slacking off)....

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

The Jingas!!quite a few of them in Track 4 huh!

The other tricky one is the muay Thai with the increasing tempo combo :p

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello FBB,

i was confused too when instructors asked to put left foot forward to start. but yeah, it starts with left foot first.. the other way round this time. :-)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

yes, i know, its left foot first...our dear leon cued correctly, left foot first, but he did HIS left foot first, so it's our right, which is wrong.... heh heh...

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absence must make the heart grow fonder... A brilliantly written piece!

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, sounds like the FDI i know!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger SC said...

Hey...Leon, you're back!!! Does this mean I have stuff to read on your blog from now??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home