Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Oh The Pain, The PAIN

Was anticipating the new release for pump with a bit of dread, since the prognosis came back as "Lionheart likes it". If he liked it means, it must have been darn tuff. The music is quite nice though, I have to say, although the Lonely Goatherd from Sound of Music will never quite reverberate the same way it used to in my ears now.

YI was very early this time round, as I bumped into him at the cafe outside, about 4.30pm. All the mats were laid out on the studio floor, presumably to be cleaned. About 5 minutes before class started the mats were cleared, allowing us to set up our bars.

I think like childbirth, the pain has induced a temporary amnesia, because I suddenly cannot remember anything about the class, except that it was painful, especially triceps. It IS really the mother of all tricep tracks. What a treat, almost everything in one track. Overheads, sides, french press (is that what its called? the one with one weight over the head) AND surprise surprise, PUSH UPS at the end. Rachel gave a shriek after the track, echoing my sentiments. If I had carried the Lion's weight, I might have ended up with a fractured skull.

And lunges. Anything involving a board, for lunges, is bad news. So much so, I didnt even bother trying it with the bar at all. This class reminds me of my first reflexology experience. It was SOOO painful, and traumatic, it took me a year before I plucked up the courage to go again, and till today, I am never a big fan of reflexology.

Lets see, in summary, chest, triceps, lunges, shoulders, conditioning, were all, in MY opinion, killers. Though of the 5, triceps stand out as the major murderer.

Brrr, just thinking about it....that this is what we'll be doing for the next 3 weeks....why dont you just gouge out my eyes now and lay me on a bed of spikes.

5 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New release sounds So Excellent! Endorsed by Lionhert some more. Can't wait to try it out! Hehe...

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your title like Fantasy Island's the plane, the PLANE ah?

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FBB...New BP Release nice right? Really lah..."Wind It Up" is one GRANDMOTHER of all tricep tracks. By the time you finish the pullovers, your muscles are aching like hell oridi. After dat, French Press pula...have difficulty going down. And push ups??? Huh...jellied arms...hahahahaha.
AND IF YOU THINK the new tricep track is a mother of a track, wait till you meet "Paradise City" by Guns n Roses, Track 5 from the new release for RPM. That is really really crazy. Had my first taste of it in Grace's excellent screamfest RPM Challenge. Aiyo...made the mistake of maintaining high resistance throughout the 2 mins attack mode. At the end of that track, thighs totally pecah.....But I LURVVVEE IT to death...hahahahaha

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes lion, i absolutely love Paradise City, in combat and rpm!
You feel as tho you are running amok as the momentum builds towards the end. Love it to bits.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the new BP is easy... almost a joke!

C'mon, les mills, we want it as tough as Paris Hilton!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home