Friday, June 08, 2007

Hi, Remember Me?

I'm back. Since the last post, after FCI's birthday, I've been to Vietnam, (Hanoi, Danang and Hoi An) for a friend's 40th Birthday party, afterwhich, feeling the guilt of leaving the kids at home for so long, had to ease the guilt pangs by bringing them to Singapore for the school holidays. Why Singapore? Because baby girl just got her new passport, and since I can't afford to bring them to London, I figured out the closest place to get her passport stamped, was Singapore.

No, I didnt even have time to wipe my ass, let alone go for classes at the Fitness First there, though hope springs eternal, and I did bring my sneakers, gym wear, and International FF Passport. Pity, would have loved to have surprised Ben or Leonard, in one of their classes.

Glancing at the Singapore timetable, I am amazed to note that even THERE, the names of instructors sound pretty similar to the ones here, hence espousing my theory that your name does predispose you to a certain profession. Or rather, in order to be an instructor, you must have a name that falls into a certain category. There's even a Maverick! Is that a guy or girl? Sounds like the parent couldnt decide between Mavis and Eric. No offense ya.

Anyway, after that super long hiatus, after Vietnam, I attended FSI's class on Wednesday evening, but was so exhausted, couldnt even finish track 10, so was pleased that had a good excuse to leave. (had inlaws dinner). And again, after another hiatus in Singapore, the first available class was again, FSI's class, but the old Thursday lunchtime slot. Bumped into FGXC at the foyer, and he showed me some BACK TO SCHOOL clips of the theme classes in SPK. 2ndFSI was wearing a schoolgirl's pinafore. Guffaw. Can we have those clips on YOUTUBE please.

Step was tiring. My heel ached all of yesterday after that. You know you're in for a long ride when even at the warm up, you feel winded. But it was a much needed workout. Still some familiar faces there. Well, time to get back into the swing of things. It's as if I never said goodbye.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally...you're back! Now I have something funny to read everyday. My bored brain thanks you.
Meenachi

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger shades said...

it's been so quiet you can even hear a fly's fart....

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiya..FBB, lei finally seh tak farn lei lah. Agreed with SC, damn bored over this last two weeks lah....Even yhsmom commented to me wat had happened to you.."Mo Seng Mo Hei Keh?"

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally....

You have been missed...

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiyah why nevr got chance to come to class one har?!?!?!!

would've been fun... even just to bring you around for good food. next time MUST tell us hor !!!! :)

ben

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

dear ben, thanks so much for your kind offer, which i shall definitely take up the next time i'm there, WITHOUT kids.

sunshine, lionheart, meenachi, and shades, thanks for the rousing welcome!!! hahahah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home